Full Re-entry Schedule

Courtney Smith

Mar 9, 2021, 11:07:33 AM3/9/21
to public....@laschools.net
Good morning,

I was reading through the Full Reentry FAQ sheet and I noticed this question and answer:

“Do schools have to offer a full day of instruction every day?

We are returning to full reentry, which means all students may return to their school buildings for in- person learning up to five days a week.”

This sounds like students should be attending 5 days per week, but doesn’t specify that they need to be attending a full day all 5 days.

In my role as a teacher, especially since I received my first dose of the vaccine yesterday, I feel comfortable going back myself.  However, as a parent, I have serious reservations sending my own unvaccinated kids back full time.  If we could stay with remote core instruction in the morning and have kids come back in the afternoons kind of like we’re doing now, it would limit the time the students are all together and would eliminate the need for mask-less breakfast and lunch times.  It would also provide continuity for students and families for the short time remaining in this already tumultuous year.

I appreciate all of the work you do for our students and community!

--
Courtney Smith
GATE

 This email has been sent from a verified laschools.net user.
This conversation is locked