New Schedule

Jeanette Moss

Jan 11, 2021, 3:28:26 PM1/11/21
to School Board Public Comments

Dear School Board,
   I appreciate all the work that you do for our schools.   I am writing because I am disappointed in the lack of communication with parents about the changes made to the hybrid schedule.  I would appreciate a more detailed explanation of the reasons why the changes were made to the schedule.
  I understand the numbers are rising, but is there proof that the elementary school kids were/are contributing to the increase of numbers?  From the information my husband and I have read epidemiologists don't believe young children spread the disease.  If you would like, we can provide you with the studies.
  I also feel that the schedule will not be beneficial to my young elementary school child.  She has her AMPL classes in the afternoon.  My daughter is currently struggling with some of her core classes and would benefit from more in person time with her teacher.  Even with the breaks, she struggles to focus on the laptop for such a long period of time.
  I would ask that your decisions be made scientifically and not based on fear.  Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
Jeanette Moss
This conversation is locked