In Person School

Karen Morris

Mar 8, 2021, 7:13:35 PM3/8/21
to m.co...@laschools.net, Ellen Ben-Naim, Dawn Jalbert, s.boe...@laschools.net, Christine Bernstien, public....@laschools.net, Kurt Steinhaus
Dear Members of the Board,

Thank you again for your time and dedication to our schools. Your service is appreciated in this unprecedented time.

Congratulations to Dr. Steinhaus on his well-deserved retirement - he will be greatly missed!

I hope you will take a few moments to read this devastating article that compares the lockdown between New Mexico and Texas, focusing on Hobbs and the schools only 10 miles away across the border in Texas.  And most shockingly, the report concludes that the lockdown had nearly zero effect in case numbers.

From the article - "“The states had taken very different approaches with regard to their young people, but ended up in almost identical places as far as their coronavirus tolls.”

https://www.propublica.org/article/the-lost-year-what-the-pandemic-cost-teenagers

Knowing how much this lockdown has affected our kids mentally, I would encourage you to follow the science and CDC guidelines, as well as the announcement from our state PED and bring our kids back into the classroom full time, as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,
Karen Morris

This conversation is locked