please update vision with inclusive language

Reid Priedhorsky

Jan 18, 2022, 11:45:47 PM1/18/22
to public....@laschools.net, Melanie Colgan, c.ber...@laschools.net, a.jau...@laschools.net, e.sp...@laaschools.net, Erin Green
Dear board members:

The “vision” on the board page presently reads (emphasis added):

Vision: We will lead by example and govern a school district in which every child is inspired and learns to his/her full potential.

While clearly intended to be inclusive, this language is outdated because gender is not binary. Please update it to use inclusive pronouns:

Vision: We will lead by example and govern a school district in which every child is inspired and learns to their full potential.

This simple and grammatically correct change will help show non-binary students the board is serious about supporting them.

Thank you,
Reid Priedhorsky
LAPS parent
This conversation is locked