Masks in School

John Teague

Feb 21, 2022, 4:28:21 PM2/21/22
to public....@laschools.net
Hi this is John Teague and I am a senior in high school. I am writing this email over the decision to continue mandating masks in school. I believe that students and staff should be able to choose whether they wear a mask or not. I’m sure you are already aware that 78.9% of Los Alamos county is already vaccinated while 63% of Bernillio county is vaccinated, yet their schools have lifted the mask mandate. Many people how are in this school system agree with me that we need to lift the mask mandates.  I personally am affected by masks, being in band, because the masks make my instruments harder to hear and harder to tune, the masks also do not make any sense because in order to play the mask has a large hole making it completely pointless.  So, removing masks would make everyone’s life’s easier and more comfortable.
Thank you,
John Teague