Science supports safe re-opening

Tim Kelley

Feb 9, 2021, 4:07:55 PM2/9/21
to public....@laschools.net
The science on Covid is clear at this time that the clear and present needs of our children are much greater than the low risks of opening schools.

Starting with President Biden’s head of the CDC, Rochelle Walensky:

“Vaccination of teachers is not a prerequisite for safe reopening of schools.” [1]

As Dr. Walensky later reiterated to Rachel Maddow on MSNBC:

“There is increasing data to suggest that schools can safely reopen and that safe reopening does not suggest that teachers need to be vaccinated in order to reopen safely.”

Next, the president of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, Russ Viner, as reported by the BBC:

“When we close schools we close their lives.” [2]

Wow: When we close schools, we close their lives. Our childrens’ lives have been closed for almost a year. Do you remember when you were twelve? A year was eternity, without friends, without any of the social and emotional growth that can only happen in person.

We know how to safely reopen with masking, social distancing.

We know that that there is very little Covid-19 transmission in schools. For example, see the study by Duke Medical School and the University of North Carolina. They followed schools with almost 100,000 students, and over two months saw no cases of child-to-adult transmission. That’s so much bigger than our schools, and still zero cases! [3] [4]

We know that director Walensky of the CDC is a careful scientist. We know that Anthony Fauci is a careful scientist. We know that the European CDC and our own CDC are taking great care to sift the data. They are unanimous that we must reopen schools. [5] [6]

We know that children are sustaining so much damage.

Please ensure that our teachers who cannot return to the classroom are cared for, and let’s start the rebuilding process. Let’s learn from other school districts that have stayed open, and stayed safe.

Thank you.
Tim Kelley

This conversation is locked