Schools re-opening

Lisabeth Lueninghoener

Mar 8, 2021, 8:24:54 PM3/8/21
to public....@laschools.net
If schools reopen to fully in person, then I will need to withdraw my student enrolled in Barranca.  However, I understand that the risks and rewards for elementary schools may have finally evened out as long as all of the staff are vaccinated and that my kid will do fine missing the last 6 weeks of school.  It's a bad choice for my family and one that I overall disagree with, but one I can see a positive side to.

At the MS and HS level though, this is devastating.  Older kids are at greater risk of contracting and spreading covid *and* their schedules are much more difficult to pivot to remote.  Students who would need to drop classes now because of an inability to attend fully in person school will be greatly harmed.  Also, disrupting the schedule again before AP Exams is a mess.

Please consider petitioning the governor for ways to resolve this.
This conversation is locked