Athletics

SEAN MITCHELL

Jan 28, 2021, 9:02:26 PM1/28/21
to School Board Public Comments
My name is Sean Mitchell and I am a senior at LAHS. I never thought as a senior I would be writing to salvage what is left of my last year in high school but because of the circumstances we've been put in... here it is.
       It is my last season of competitive hockey and athletics in general. We are the last state to not have competitive games and I'd like to compete in a sport against another team for my final year of high school. I know it's just as important to everyone who is dedicated to their sport and it's not too much to ask for. All of the other states are playing sports competitively and are back at school, except New Mexico. This shouldn't even be a conversation or a debate, for most of us it's what we look forward to after school. It's a way to forget about life for a couple hours and just have fun with no worries. So please, let us kids play and let us seniors have at least 3 months of our year to be kids for the last time. It's been long enough and there's not enough logic to keep the people who are willing to play from playing. If not now, there won't be anything left for us seniors.

Thank you for your time.
This conversation is locked