Please Allow Hybrid Model to Continue (You Are Creating Numerous Negative Externalities by Not Allowing In-Person School)

Bill Nichols

Oct 13, 2020, 1:38:52 PM10/13/20
to public....@laschools.net
Hello:

Please allow the hybrid model to continue with an eventual plan to get back to full in-person school.

If there are teachers who are not comfortable returning to work, please allow them to choose online school. If there are parents or students who are not comfortable returning to school, please allow them to choose online school.

For those of us (both teachers and parents) who are comfortable sending our children to school, please allow us the choice to do so. If you have teachers complaining to their union that they feel unsafe, then they should be allowed to make that decision to work online or to take the year off. But please don't punish the rest of us (parents and teachers) who want to send our children to school.

By not having in-person school, you are creating numerous negative externalities in the community. For parents who still need to send their children to school, those students are still going to school. The students are going to Quemazon, Ponderosa, Canyoncito, Bilingual, Sage, etc. All of these schools have stepped up to the challenge and asked the question, "How do we return to school safely?" They are taking in these children that LAPS is neglecting. In addition, the children are not receiving the same education and social development via online school that they receive via in-person school

Please allow parents and teachers the choice to return to hybrid.

Bill

This conversation is locked