Please begin Hybrid

Deanna Teague

Oct 13, 2020, 6:13:07 PM10/13/20
to School Board Public Comments
Dear School Board,

Again, I write as a parent and teacher, please continue as planned with hybrid.  As a teacher of multiple schools, I see the planning that has been going on to make hybrid work for each school.  I know that the staff involved in this planning has worked countless hours, thinking of every aspect.  Please do not allow their hard work to go to waste.

As a parent, I have been doing my own planning such as buying extra disinfectant wipes , Kleenex, hand sanitizer, and double checking to make sure my child has plenty of masks for school to rotate.

My elementary student needs in-person even if it's just 2 days a week.  He has had a difficult time with this and it has been equally frustrating to teach while trying to give him the help needed.

As both a parent and a teacher, I witness the disconnect between teacher and student.  This is one thing that is heartbreaking when teaching remote.  I do not know when I, myself, will be able to teach in person, although I wish it could be October 19th.

If we don't do hybrid now, when do we do it? Would it be January after people get back from break?   I’m sure not—too many people travel for the holidays—February? but, then,  flu season would be in full swing.  Would it be March or  April?—but then it would be Spring break and allergy season.

Meanwhile other states have begun school, many 5 days a week.   School families were given a choice—online or in-person.  This Is what I assumed we were signing up for at the beginning of the school year, but it has yet to happen.

I ask that you please allow our kids go back to school and teachers to resume in-person instruction.

Thank you,

Deanna Teague

 This email has been sent from a verified laschools.net user.
This conversation is locked