Last-minute Deal (1 cent CD Shipping), Upcoming Performances, & News

The Music of John Sawoski

Dec 3, 2014, 10:26:08 PM12/3/14
to sawosk...@lapianist.com
Dear Friends, Colleagues, Fans, Clients, and Family,

As promised in my November 6th posting, I'm writing to fill you in on a few more details of what I've been up to lately. But before I do that, I wanted to mention that there are only a few hours left (till midnight tonight) to get 1 cent shipping on my Cinema Amore CD, which is still only $9.99 (plus 1 cent for shipping), exclusively through CDBaby - http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/johnsawoski .
Embedded image permalink

Still available digitally on  iTunesAmazonCDBaby, and more, I'd recommend the physical CD because of the high-resolution recording at EastWest and mastering at Capitol Mastering. (Also available at Amazon for slightly more money.) For a free sample, click here.

Anyway, here's the latest:

Disneyland Candlelight Concerts
This Saturday and Sunday, December 6th & 7th, 2014 at 5:30 and 8 pm nightly - I'll be playing keyboards with the Disneyland Symphony Orchestra and a 650-voice choir in this spectacular Christmas tradition. The concert also features fanfare trumpet players, a 650-voice choir, a handbell choir, vocal soloists, guest guitarist Tom Hynes, and a celebrity guest narrator reading the Christmas story from scripture and tradition. The orchestra, made up mostly of Los Angeles studio musicians, performs a beautifully moving collection of Christmas music, from Handel’s Hallelujah Chorus to traditional sacred songs and carols arranged by Bob Krogstad, John Rutter, Jack Askew, Peter Knight, Ken Whitcomb, musical director Bruce Healey, and others. The conductor is Nancy Sulahian, Director of Chamber Singers in the Los Angeles Master Chorale. Video of a prior performance is at: http://youtu.be/7poDIm1F_Ac

Gregg Marx and Pat Whiteman, with Nedra Wheeler and me at Maggiano's at the Grove in Los Angeles
This Friday night from 6:30 to 10:00 pm, I play piano and conduct for vocalist Gregg Marx, an Emmy-award winning actor who is the grandson of one of the Marx brothers. This past summer we also appeared in two special concerts at Greystone Mansion in Beverly Hills (see review here https://plus.google.com/+JohnSawoski/posts/9B6Qc9oLvej?pid=6054621854513885970&oid=111003969117561955713 ). More information about this performance, which features special guest Pat Whiteman is at: https://www.facebook.com/events/737417096347682/

Susan Egan
Pasadena Symphony/Pops with Susan Egan, the Los Angeles Children's Chorus and more, in Holiday Candlelight
Next Saturday, December 13, 2014, 4:00 p.m. & 7:00 p.m. at the All Saints Church, Pasadena, I'll be playing piano for both Broadway star Susan Egan and my own daughter (who's in the LA Children's Chorus), along with the Pasadena Pops at "Pasadena’s most sought-after holiday concert." Ticket prices start at $20. More information: http://www.pasadenasymphony-pops.org/concerts/holiday-candlelight-2/
 The Riverside County Philharmonic, shown here at the Riverside Municipal Auditorium in September, performed holiday music at its second concert of the season.
Riverside County Philharmonic Orchestra
On November 20th, I enjoyed playing music ranging from Vince Guaraldi's 50-year-old classic "A Charlie Brown Christmas" to the extremely clever "A Klezmer Nutcracker" by Steve Cohen. Read the review here: http://www.pe.com/articles/orchestra-754915-music-holiday.html

../Media/broadway%20assets/multimedia/Pippin_04_300h.jpg

Pippin and Kinky Boots at Segerstrom Hall
Nov. 11-23, 2014 - I had the pleasure of working with the world's greatest show musicians, as I subbed on Pippin at Segerstrom Hall in Costa Mesa http://www.scfta.org/home/Events/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1578 Since I spent a good portion of my childhood listening to records of Arthur Rubinstein playing Chopin, it was nice to accompany his son John (pictured above), who played King Charlemagne, and was the original Pippin in 1972. Also pictured above is Kyle Dean Massey, the current Pippin. Lucy Arnaz played Berthe.

I'll be back to sub on the tour of Kinky Boots Dec. 30, 2014 through January 11, 2015 http://www.scfta.org/home/Events/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1575

Rockin' in Memphis by Shelley King Fisher
I recently mastered this CD at my studio. Songs by Ken Hirsch, Harold Payne, and Shelley Fisher. We also recorded the song "We Remember" at my studio, recently featured on the Huffington Post at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/xaque-gruber/singer-shelley-fishers-st_b_5886208.html
Rockin' in Memphis by Shelley King Fisher
  • Released: Oct 13, 2014
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/rockin-in-memphis/id944511266

John Sawoski Arrangements Performed at Carnegie Hall October 12
This concert Oct. 12, 2014 at New York's Carnegie Recital Hall included several of my arrangements. Musical director was Dennis Castellano

Post image for Los Angeles Theater Review: LOCALS ONLY! (World Premiere at Santa Monica College)
Arrangements and Transcriptions for New Rock Musical "Locals Only" written by the producer of "High School Musical"
In September 2014, I did some transcribing, orchestrating, and copying for Adrian Lee http://www.ademusic.com/ of "Mike and the Mechanics," who wrote songs and transition music for this new musical. Here's a review of the show http://www.stageandcinema.com/2014/10/07/locals-only-smc/

I also just realized that I didn't mention a few other interesting jobs I did this past year:

More news next year! Have a great holiday season!

Sincerely,
John Sawoski

Dear Friends, Colleagues, Fans, Clients, and Family,

As I hope you realize, I've added you to my email list, SawoskiMusic, to share with you my latest official news and information. This is an announcement-only email list, and it replaces my prior YahooGroups list. To remain on this list, do nothing, and you will receive an average of 6 messages per year, with news and information about me and my distinguished colleagues, and special offers from The Sawoski Music Group. Messages usually highlight upcoming performances, reviews, recording projects, and broadcasts, and occasionally include links to free music. Please note that your membership in this group is private: i.e. - your name and contact information can never be seen by the public or other group members.

This list can always be accessed through http://lapianist.com/email-list/

To post a comment of your own, please use my online forum at http://lapianist.com/sawoski-music-forum/

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,