New John Sawoski / Michele Patzakis EP "Crossing Over"

The Music of John Sawoski

Jun 1, 2022, 5:00:22 PM6/1/22
to SawoskiMusic
Hi Everyone -

As things pick up post-pandemic, I am overwhelmed, but very happy being busy.  I hope you're doing great.

Here's some news about a couple of the things I have been working on lately.

On May 15th, I did a concert for Fripp Island Friends of Music in South Carolina with my friend soprano Michele Patzakis. The concert program was called "Crossing Over: A Musical Journey," and it fused western European musical roots with American sensibilities, crossing over many genres from classical to film music to jazz to cafe concert. It went very well, and we'd like to do more. Here's a local feature story describing  the concert https://lcweekly.com/arts/sawoski-and-patzakis-on-fripp/

In conjunction with that performance, we released an EP of 5 of the pieces on the concert, called  "Crossing Over." More information and audio here: https://lapianist.com/crossingover/ (BTW, if you let that YouTube playlist go, you can hear all 5 tunes.)

I will be in touch again soon with more music news. If you have friends who might be interested in joining this list, please invite them to sign up at https://lapianist.com/join-email-list/

All the best!

Sincerely,
John Sawoski