Gregg Marx at Vibrato, Beautiful: The Carole King Musical, The Godfather Live, New CD, and more

The Music of John Sawoski

Sep 26, 2016, 5:53:51 PM9/26/16
to SawoskiMusic
Dear Friends, Colleagues, Fans, Clients, and Family,

It's been more than a year since I sent my last message to you through this service. It's been a great and very busy year, with many performances and some great writing and recording experiences.

If you happen to be in Los Angeles Wednesday Oct. 5th, be sure to catch Gregg Marx with me and the band in our first appearance at Herb Alpert's Vibrato Jazz Grill. Also please note that the big band vocal CD I worked on for Act Three has been released and submitted to the Grammies. More details (and more) below.

Upcoming Performance Highlights

Wednesday, October 5, 2016, I'll be musical directing from the piano for Emmy-winning vocalist Gregg Marx at Vibrato Jazz Grill in Bel Air with a quartet of some of my favorite musicians, performing music from the Great American Songbook. Make a reservation now at http://www.vibratogrilljazz.com/events/2016/10/5/gregg-marx

Saturday, Oct. 1, 2016 I'm playing piano and celesta for a special concert film presentation of The Godfather, live with a symphony orchestra at Segerstrom Hall in Costa Mesa. 2 performances only. Tickets and information at: http://www.scfta.org/events/detail.aspx?id=14490

Oct. 9, 11, 12, and 13th I'm playing keyboards in the pit of Beautiful: The Carole King Musical at Segerstrom Hall in Costa Mesa. Tickets and information at: http://www.scfta.org/revue/0816/revue_landing-0816.html

This Wednesday, Sept. 28th, I'm playing piano for a special private master class with Ann Hampton Callaway.

Recent Performance Highlights:

Last fall I conducted and played this big band vocal concert with Act Three at Samueli Hall, "sending shivers down the backs of patrons" (according to the LA Times): http://lapianist.com/la-times-music-director-john-sawoski-hit-the-keys-creating-a-sound-that-sent-shivers-down-the-backs-of-patrons/

I recently played keyboards in the orchestras of If/Then starring Idina Menzel, Wicked, The Book of Mormon, Cinderella, and Newsies at Segerstrom Hall in Costa Mesa, CA. Then I played my 9th summer of the Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach. http://lapianist.com/performance-highlights-spring-summer-2016/

In The Studio

I recently piano, conducted, arranged, orchestrated, and produced on this CD of a new vocal group called Act Three (along with my esteemed colleague Michael Patterson, who co-produced, orchestrated all but 2 of the songs, arranged a few of them himself, and conducted strings on two songs). Full credits are listed at: http://lapianist.com/act-three-cd-released-produced-and-musical-directed-by-john-sawoski-co-produced-by-michael-patterson/

For your Grammy consideration:
Best Jazz Vocal Album (Featuring Act Three - Lynn O'Hearn Wagner​, Billy Grubman​, & Judy Whitmore​, Produced by John Sawoski and co-produced by Michael Patterson) Buy now on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L4TQ4HI/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_dp_t2_ip1ZxbM0GNQN4, or stream the entire album to preview it at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt8Gn7W8C2YSeWf1BM6-IMvA4x9YDXgJ3

Best Arrangement, Instruments and Vocals (arranged and orchestrated by John Sawoski): "Moonlight in Vermont" https://youtu.be/uQGnuvRWG2g?list=PLt8Gn7W8C2YSeWf1BM6-IMvA4x9YDXgJ3 and "It's All Right With Me" https://youtu.be/3J3ue-2NuL0?list=PLt8Gn7W8C2YSeWf1BM6-IMvA4x9YDXgJ3

Best Arrangement, Instruments and Vocals (arranged by John Sawoski & Michael Patterson; and orchestrated by Michael Patterson) "But Beautiful / It Could Happen to You" https://youtu.be/qDr7sNLtziY?list=PLt8Gn7W8C2YSeWf1BM6-IMvA4x9YDXgJ3

My Cinema Amore CD is still for sale. http://lapianist.com/cinema-amore-cd/

New Video of "Just One Move" by Shmueli http://lapianist.com/new-video-of-just-one-move-by-shmueli/

Feel free to share this email and my links with your friends!

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
John Sawoski

Dear Friends, Colleagues, Fans, Clients, and Family,

As I hope you realize, I've added you to my email list, SawoskiMusic, to share with you my latest official news and information. This is an announcement-only email list, and it replaces my prior YahooGroups list. To remain on this list, do nothing, and you will receive an average of 6 messages per year, with news and information about me and my distinguished colleagues, and special offers from The Sawoski Music Group. Messages usually highlight upcoming performances, reviews, recording projects, and broadcasts, and occasionally include links to free music. Please note that your membership in this group is private: i.e. - your name and contact information can never be seen by the public or other group members.

This list can always be accessed through http://lapianist.com/email-list/

To post a comment of your own, please use my online forum at http://lapianist.com/sawoski-music-forum/

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,