IRC

William Lindley

Jun 28, 2022, 1:49:27 PM6/28/22
to KYOSS general discussion list
Is anyone interested in registering a permanent IRC channel?

IRC is one of the earliest Net chat protocols and still free and open to all.

Libera.chat is where the former freenode channels have gone. Libera is "a Swedish nonprofit organisation" [their website] and hosts many FOSS project channels.

I have a Nickserv account with them — it's free and simple registration.  If folks would like to meet there on #kyoss I have been on-and-off lately.  We could request a permanent channel using the format here:

I'm happy to expedite the process if there is interest.

\\/

Michael Speer

Jun 28, 2022, 2:34:37 PM6/28/22
to kyoss-...@kyoss.dev
A few of us lurked in #kyoss on freenode back around 2006-2012 or thereabouts. We never registered it, but we generally had a kyoss member in the channel to maintain ops on it.

I'm not sure how many people would still lurk these days, as most newer folks seem to want to hit centralized services like discord etc.

Ben Fitzpatrick

Jun 28, 2022, 2:36:13 PM6/28/22
to kyoss-...@kyoss.dev
i would be

On Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 1:49 PM William Lindley <lindley...@gmail.com> wrote:

Jeff Squyres

Jun 28, 2022, 3:01:27 PM6/28/22
to KYOSS Discuss List
We do have a Gitter channel setup -- it's a bit more modern than IRC:

(We had a Slack for a while, but I think we gave it up in favor of Gitter, because Gitter is open source IIRC...?)

--
{+} Jeff Squyres

Deven Phillips

Jun 28, 2022, 4:05:36 PM6/28/22