January Hiring Thread

Alan Blount

Jan 3, 2024, 11:28:51 PMJan 3
to kyoss-...@kyoss.dev
Hey KY nerds,

I forget, do we have policies about job postings and requests?

Many of our members are looking for first jobs or next gigs and occasionally I come across postings which might be interesting (like below).

Is this unwelcome noise or fantastic community content? Is this the proper channel?

Thanks,
Alan

Jan 4, 2024, 7:38:06 AMJan 4
to kyoss-...@kyoss.dev
I don't have any serious concerns about posting things like this.

Deven

Dave Campbell

Jan 4, 2024, 7:57:42 AMJan 4
to kyoss-...@kyoss.dev
agreed - many people come to the group / meetings with employment in mind.

on that note - do meeting attendees, particularly new ones, know all the details of the mailing list and web site?

i'm not sure we've covered that in a while - may be a good idea to bring it up briefly at the start of each meeting.
--

Dave Campbell | davecc...@gmail.com

Rene Adonay Franco

Jan 10, 2024, 9:52:54 PMJan 10
to KYOSS general discussion list, Alan Blount, al...@zeroasterisk.com
Hello everyone, my name is Rene and I am a software developer, open source enthusiast and active member of the group. I am currently looking for a job as a Backend Developer/Java Developer and I find this type of information extremely valuable. I'm looking forward to talk to you Alan. Thank you