New KWRK Broadcast Schedule! New Local Shows! New Volunteer Opportunities!

Chris Friar

Feb 18, 2019, 9:18:51 PM2/18/19
to solid...@kwrk.org
Greetings, Fairbanks Open Radio Solidarity Network!

Three years ago this weekend, we launched KWRK-LP 90.9 FM with a live broadcast of the Fairbanks Winter Folk Fest. We proudly continued that collaboration last Sunday with a complete broadcast of this year’s Folk Fest. To commemorate this milestone, we at Fairbanks Open Radio are excited to share several new developments.

First, we have a newly updated broadcast schedule, attached here for your viewing pleasure and always available at KWRK.org.
Next, we are proud to report the latest expansion of KWRK's local show lineup. Three local faves have returned from hiatus:
  • "Investigations" with Birch on Wednesday afternoons at 3,
  • "Stage Left" with Birch on Saturday afternoons at 1, and
  • "Moribund Radio" with DJ Hagalaz on the first and last Saturday afternoon of the month from 5 to 7.
The radical radio revelry continues on Saturday afternoons with the BRAND NEW ARRIVAL of "Hrrrl Scouts in Space" with Hannah and Brenae every Saturday from 2 to 4, including regular installments of "QuantaRadio"! If y'all don't know who the Hrrrl Scouts are, ya best check them out on FB, IG, and Twitter.

Last but not least, thank you for your continuing support for our all-volunteer efforts. Fairbanks Open Radio is presently looking for folks willing to kick down an hour or so weekly to help program the broadcast. No radio experience is necessary, although basic computer skills are almost essential for this particular task. In order to expand our capacity to pursue this and our many other endeavors, we are changing up the way we do meetings. As ever, we invite you to join us every Wednesday at 5:30 PM at 3535 College Road in Suite 203 - upstairs from Fuji Japanese Restaurant. Heretofore shall we dedicate the first Wednesday meeting of every month to discussing the business of running the station and soliciting feedback from those who attend. The other Wednesdays will be used for volunteer trainings on topics like live radio production, post-production, broadcast programming, etc. that will be announced in advance. Other weeks, we'll just keep office hours and host informal banter and political discourse.

And just in case the ravages of neoliberal economic practices haven't already stripped you of all your funds, we do appreciate any monetary support you can provide to keep Fairbanks' only local, independent, antifascist radio station solvent. Click here or visit KWRK.org.

In solidarity,

Chris Friar, Secretary
Fairbanks Open Radio | KWRK-LP 90.9 FM
+1 907 374 0577 | 3535 College Rd | Ste 203 | Fairbanks, AK, US 99709

--
Chris Friar, Secretary
Fairbanks Open Radio | KWRK-LP 90.9 FM
KWRK.org | Live Audio Stream | Tax-Free Contributions
+1 907 374 0577 | 3535 College Rd | Ste 203 | Fairbanks, AK, US 99709