SIG k8s Infra Clarification

Davanum Srinivas

Feb 14, 2023, 12:03:29 PM2/14/23
to stee...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-s...@kubernetes.io
Dear Steering,

We the Chairs and Technical Leads would like steering to formally acknowledge the role we play in the "content" of the infrastructure we build. Specifically today we have a whole set of logs, binaries, container images and such that are in the infrastructure we administer which falls under our [charter](https://github.com/kubernetes/community/blob/master/sig-k8s-infra/charter.md). We would like to highlight that we have the ability to set things like retention policies, move infrastructure across various cloud properties and even remove some of the "content" mentioned above that are being used both by our CI systems and the Kubernetes community in general. We need to be able to set policies and curate content to ensure that we can live within our budget and still serve the community that uses all the content we host. Please let us know if we need to update our charter if it is not clear. We are writing to you to make sure that you see it and the community is aware of where we are coming from and that we are authorized to take these decisions on behalf of steering under our charter.

Thanks,
Arnaud Meukam
Tim Hockin
Aaron Crickenberger
Davanum Srinivas

Benjamin Elder

Mar 8, 2023, 5:11:59 PM3/8/23
to Davanum Srinivas, stee...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-s...@kubernetes.io
We discussed this in the last steering meeting, Arnaud (another k8s infra chair) was present.

I'll defer to the meeting notes for now.