Emeritus Time for Paris on Steering!

Paris

Nov 18, 2022, 7:12:06 PM11/18/22
to steering, d...@kubernetes.io

Steering and Contributors,

As part of our new charter changes, I’m writing this to inform you of my resignation.

This was not an easy decision for me. Serving on the Steering Committee has been my favorite position in my professional/open source career to date and it took a lot of introspection and guidance to make this call. It’s the right one for me at this time.

Before my recent medical leave, I was putting in 20+ hours a week on Steering Committee matters and/or governance operations. I also played a part in Contributor Experience, CNCF TAGs, your representative on the Governing Board, and more. This combined with my day job left me with little time for myself and focus. It’s time to practice what I preach and let go of some of this.

My GB term is up next year and will focus there in the meantime. My energy is best spent with the initiatives and reform that we are advocating for here. This includes items that our contributor body has championed together with the Steering Committee such as:

  • An alternative for our rep role on the Board.
  • Legal support for committee members.
  • Helping companies with hiring, supporting, and promoting the dedicated contributors and maintainers of the project.
  • Investigating new member levels that include full-time support of engineering and important glue work like docs, testing, infra, and community.
  • Continuing to make sure that the infrastructure issues of yesterday and today will not be the same in the future.
And so much more. (I’m busy! This is why I want to focus here. :)) Have an idea or initiative that needs to be championed at the Board? Reach out to the #steering-committee or DM me on slack.

I'm still around!

<3,

paris

No One is Saving Us but Us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwpjtGO8dX0

Tweet that still holds true: https://twitter.com/ParisInBmore/status/1560086965625577472

stick together: #kubernetes-contributors and #maintainers-circle (cncf slack)

Marky Jackson

Nov 18, 2022, 7:20:22 PM11/18/22
to paris....@gmail.com, steering, d...@kubernetes.io
<3

Danielle Lancashire

Nov 18, 2022, 7:25:15 PM11/18/22
to paris....@gmail.com, steering, d...@kubernetes.io
<3 thank you for everything paris.

Jeremy Rickard

Nov 18, 2022, 8:08:16 PM11/18/22
to paris....@gmail.com, d...@kubernetes.io, steering
Thank you, Paris.

Davanum Srinivas

Nov 18, 2022, 8:43:22 PM11/18/22
to Paris, steering, d...@kubernetes.io
Thank you Paris!

Madhav Jivrajani

Nov 19, 2022, 12:51:58 AM11/19/22
to Paris, d...@kubernetes.io, steering
Thank you for everything Paris, you truly are the embodiment of our community! ♥️

Antonio Ojea

Nov 19, 2022, 9:20:42 AM11/19/22
to Paris, steering, dev
Thanks for everything Paris

Bob Killen

Nov 19, 2022, 9:57:29 AM11/19/22
to Antonio Ojea, Paris, steering, dev
Thank you for everything Paris <3
It's been an honor and great pleasure working with you on Steering and well...everywhere in the project where we crossed paths :)

Thomas Manville

Nov 19, 2022, 2:54:01 PM11/19/22
to dav...@gmail.com, Paris, steering, d...@kubernetes.io
Paris, thank you for all you do. You are an inspiration!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "dev" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/kubernetes.io/d/msgid/dev/CANw6fcH5bXdfG-kVZg2adxw0sh3a_oHGEoB6AWBDtXFuKW3JiA%40mail.gmail.com.

Tim Allclair

Nov 19, 2022, 2:54:01 PM11/19/22
to kille...@gmail.com, Antonio Ojea, Paris, steering, dev
Thank you for everything you do for our community Paris.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "dev" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/kubernetes.io/d/msgid/dev/CAJ18wa9oC1L0Qho%3DhTAWg5Uyd6H5Dpa9TZxVQ%3D%3DBCDCQCNsZFQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Roger Klorese

Nov 19, 2022, 2:54:01 PM11/19/22
to paris....@gmail.com, steering, d...@kubernetes.io
❤️

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 18, 2022, at 4:12 PM, Paris <paris....@gmail.com> wrote:

!! External Email

!! External Email: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender.

Tabitha Sable

Nov 19, 2022, 2:54:01 PM11/19/22
to paris....@gmail.com, steering, d...@kubernetes.io
Paris,

The work you’ve done for the people that make up this community is foundational to what’s good about Kubernetes today. Thank you for all of it.

Thank you also for setting an example for the rest of us to follow.

Each one teach one,

Tabitha

On Nov 18, 2022, at 16:12, Paris <paris....@gmail.com> wrote:

Roger Klorese

Nov 19, 2022, 2:54:01 PM11/19/22
to paris....@gmail.com, steering, d...@kubernetes.io
❤️

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 18, 2022, at 4:12 PM, Paris <paris....@gmail.com> wrote:

!! External Email

Steering and Contributors,

Pushkar Joglekar

Nov 19, 2022, 2:54:10 PM11/19/22
to timal...@gmail.com, kille...@gmail.com, Antonio Ojea, Paris, steering, dev

Marko Mudrinić

Nov 19, 2022, 4:46:55 PM11/19/22
to pushkarj...@gmail.com, timal...@gmail.com, kille...@gmail.com, Antonio Ojea, Paris, steering, dev
Thank you for everything, Paris!

Savitha Raghunathan

Nov 20, 2022, 11:39:20 AM11/20/22
to paris....@gmail.com, dev, steering
Thank you, Paris! ❤

On Sun, Nov 20, 2022 at 7:37 AM Di Xu <stephe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Paris, thank you for everything you've done for our community.

Di Xu

Nov 20, 2022, 4:52:20 PM11/20/22
to dev, paris....@gmail.com, d...@kubernetes.io, steering
Paris, thank you for everything you've done for our community.

Saad Ali

Nov 20, 2022, 11:00:47 PM11/20/22
to paris....@gmail.com, steering, d...@kubernetes.io
Thank you for all your hard work Paris!!

Carlos Tadeu Panato Jr

Nov 21, 2022, 8:53:19 AM11/21/22
to paris....@gmail.com, steering, d...@kubernetes.io
thanks for everything you did and continue doing for our community and for each of us <3

Aimuz me

Nov 21, 2022, 9:18:59 AM11/21/22
to saa...@google.com, paris....@gmail.com, steering, d...@kubernetes.io
Thank you

'Saad Ali' via dev <d...@kubernetes.io> 于2022年11月21日周一 12:00写道:

Divya Mohan

Nov 21, 2022, 9:18:59 AM11/21/22
to dev, paris....@gmail.com, d...@kubernetes.io, steering
Thank you so much for everything, Paris 💖

Puja Abbassi

Nov 21, 2022, 9:18:59 AM11/21/22
to dev, shivan...@gmail.com, steering, d...@kubernetes.io, paris....@gmail.com
Thanks so much for all the energy you put into making the community a better place for everyone, Paris! Much <3

On Monday, November 21, 2022 at 7:59:44 AM UTC+1 shivan...@gmail.com wrote:
Thank you for everything Paris!!

Shivanshu Raj Shrivastava

Nov 21, 2022, 9:18:59 AM11/21/22

On Sat, Nov 19, 2022 at 5:42 AM Paris <paris....@gmail.com> wrote:

Sascha Grunert

Nov 21, 2022, 9:18:59 AM11/21/22
to d...@kubernetes.io, steering
Thank you for all the hard work, Paris!

All the best,
Sascha

Michael Taufen

Nov 21, 2022, 2:16:42 PM11/21/22
to cta...@gmail.com, paris....@gmail.com, steering, d...@kubernetes.io
Thank you Paris for everything you have done for our community!

--
NO TO WAR.

Michael Taufen
Google SWE

Prashant Srivastav

Nov 23, 2022, 8:39:00 AM11/23/22
to cta...@gmail.com, d...@kubernetes.io, paris....@gmail.com, steering
Thanks for everything you did for the community.

Keep up the good work.

Jeffrey Sica

Nov 23, 2022, 3:56:06 PM11/23/22
to me...@google.com, prasha...@gmail.com, cta...@gmail.com, d...@kubernetes.io, paris....@gmail.com, steering
Paris, the amount of positive impact you've had both on the project and individual contributors lives is second to none.

Your passion knob goes to 11. Your energy is infectious.

Thank you for being a voice, and, continuing to be a voice for contributors.

PS <3

On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 1:09 PM 'Medya Ghazizadeh' via dev <d...@kubernetes.io> wrote:
<3 Thank you Paris, your work has touched hundreds of contributors and members of CNCF and forever grateful for the genuine enthusiasm you put in your work.

--

Medya Ghazizadeh | Sr. SWE Technical Lead Manager | me...@google.com | (650) 382-8987

Medya Ghazizadeh

Nov 23, 2022, 3:56:06 PM11/23/22
to prasha...@gmail.com, cta...@gmail.com, d...@kubernetes.io, paris....@gmail.com, steering
<3 Thank you Paris, your work has touched hundreds of contributors and members of CNCF and forever grateful for the genuine enthusiasm you put in your work.

Benjamin Elder

Nov 29, 2022, 2:40:21 PM11/29/22
to jeef...@gmail.com, me...@google.com, prasha...@gmail.com, cta...@gmail.com, d...@kubernetes.io, paris....@gmail.com, steering

Phillip Wittrock

Nov 29, 2022, 5:25:57 PM11/29/22
to benth...@google.com, jeef...@gmail.com, me...@google.com, prasha...@gmail.com, cta...@gmail.com, d...@kubernetes.io, paris....@gmail.com, steering
Thank you Paris!  Glad you will still be around!