Re: SIG CLI leadership changes

Maciej Szulik

May 31, 2023, 10:07:36 AM5/31/23
to kubernetes-sig-cli, d...@kubernetes.io, stee...@kubernetes.io

On Thu, May 18, 2023 at 1:26 PM Marko Mudrinić <mudrin...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you Sean for all your work in SIG CLI and congrats Natasha and Eddie!

On Thu, May 18, 2023 at 1:09 PM Antonio Ojea <antonio.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Sean for your great work and congratulations to Natasha and Eddie

+1

On Thu, 18 May 2023 at 09:41, Carlos Tadeu Panato Jr <cta...@gmail.com> wrote:
nice!

+1

Em qua., 17 de mai. de 2023 às 18:27, Maciej Szulik <masz...@redhat.com> escreveu:
Hey,
On behalf of SIG CLI leadership (Eddie, Katrina, Sean and myself)
we're proposing the following changes to leadership roles, which
were announced earlier today during our bi-weekly call:

1. Sean Sullivan decided to step down from his SIG CLI chair role.
2. We are nominating Natasha Sarkar for the SIG CLI chair role.
3. We are nominating Eddie Zaneski for SIG CLI tech lead role.

Sean was introduced into the chair role back in September 2018. Over the past
years he has been great help to whole SIG CLI community, and coordinating
efforts with cooperating SIGs. Sean has been invaluable help driving the
effort to move kubectl to staging repository, and recently he's been one
of the key persons pushing OpenAPI v3 into kubectl.
Thanks a ton Sean for all your help and we hope you'll stay with us being
now able to even more focus on technical contributions!

Natasha is the key person behind kustomize, driving contributions since
September 2020. Over that time she grew through the contributor ranks,
becoming approver in September 2021, and finally sub-project owner
in January 2022. She's actively helping run the monthly kustomize bug scrubs
ensuring the backlog stays under control.

Eddie joined the ranks of SIG CLI chairs back in November 2020, after
kicking off our monthly bug scrubs. Over the past years he has become
tireless advocate for usability and user-friendliness for kubectl, as well
as promoting the work of SIG CLI inside and outside our k8s community.
His work and consistent push to learn more and be a better approver earned
him lots of credits in SIG CLI community, where he mentored several new
contributors.

Lazy consensus deadline for this proposal is in two weeks - May 31st, 2023.

This email is sent in accordance with the process updates for SIG
leadership transitions (ie:
https://github.com/kubernetes/community/blob/master/contributors/chairs-and-techleads/leadership-changes.md)
and SIG CLI charter (ie.:
https://github.com/kubernetes/community/blob/master/sig-cli/charter.md)

If you have questions about this transition proposal please reach out
as appropriate via any of:

- the #sig-cli Slack channel
- the SIG CLI mailing list (kubernete...@googlegroups.com>)
- SIG CLI leads Eddie Zaneski, Katrina Verey, Sean Sullivan, Maciej Szulik
(eg: Slack DM @eddiezane / @knverey / @seans / @soltysh)

If you have private concerns about this transition proposal please reach out to:
Steering Private: steering...@kubernetes.io

Benjamin Elder

May 31, 2023, 1:59:49 PM5/31/23
to Maciej Szulik, kubernetes-sig-cli, d...@kubernetes.io, stee...@kubernetes.io
Thank you all!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "steering" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/kubernetes.io/d/msgid/steering/CALFFA0O413XrUnKThvBsrdB-GW-v8q2hXiMBUTv_%3DA2S%2B_iSSQ%40mail.gmail.com.