Kubernetes CNCF Governing Board Seat - Call for nominations

Bob Killen

Jan 11, 2023, 12:35:13 PM1/11/23
to steering, steering...@kubernetes.io

Hey there all,

As the end of Paris's CNCF Governing Board term is fast approaching, it's once again time for us to kick off elections for the Kubernetes Developer GB Seat[1].

Before diving into the details, I just want to give a big thank you to Paris for being the voice of Kubernetes maintainers at the CNCF GB level and working so hard to ensure a sustainable future for us and the community as a whole. <3

The Kubernetes CNCF GB seat is open to current and former members of the Kubernetes Steering Committee, and if elected - will serve for a 2 year term working closely with Kubernetes Steering[2], CNCF Staff[3], and the members of the Governing Board[4] itself to tackle budget, policy, and directing high level operational support for the CNCF ecosystem[5].

If you are interested in this position, please reply to this email and confirm your self-nomination.

The current Steering Committee will review the candidates and hold an election using Elekto[6].

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to respond to this email, reach out at steering...@kubernetes.io or ask in the #steering-committee slack channel.

Thanks everyone, and thank you again Paris for everything!

- Bob on behalf of the Steering Committee

[1] https://github.com/cncf/foundation/blob/master/maintainers-election-policy.md#developer-representation-on-the-cncf-gb

[2] https://github.com/kubernetes/steering#members

[3] https://www.cncf.io/people/staff/

[4] https://www.cncf.io/people/governing-board/

[5] https://github.com/cncf/foundation/blob/main/charter.md#5-governing-board

[6] https://github.com/kubernetes/community/tree/master/elections#kubernetes-elections

Paris

Jan 11, 2023, 6:30:26 PM1/11/23
to Bob Killen, steering, steering...@kubernetes.io
Thanks Bob and Steering for trust; it was an honor. New folks: your term would start on Jan 25th.

If any emeritus folks have questions about the role or what we have been advocating, happy to chat at anytime!

paris

Christoph Blecker

Jan 12, 2023, 5:37:43 PM1/12/23
to Bob Killen, steering, steering...@kubernetes.io
Hello all,
I would like to put my name as a candidate for the Kubernetes developer seat on the GB.

Paris, thank you so much for your hard work over the last two years (and for the many before wearing your other hats)!

Cheers,
Christoph

Bob Killen

Jan 16, 2023, 1:41:21 PM1/16/23
to steering, steering...@kubernetes.io
Hey there all,

Just wanted to bump this thread as a reminder. If you are interested in running for the Governing Board seat, please respond to this email thread by end of day Wednesday January 18th.
We will review candidates Thursday, vote on Friday, and announce our new Governing Board representative on Monday January 23rd.

Thanks all!

- Bob on behalf of the Steering Committee

Stephen Augustus

Jan 18, 2023, 3:03:14 PM1/18/23
to steering, steering...@kubernetes.io
Hey everyone,

I'd like to express my interest in serving as Kubernetes' developer representative for the CNCF GB.

Paris—
Thank you for all of the phenomenal work fiercely representing this community!

—Stephen

Bob Killen

Jan 24, 2023, 12:10:46 PM1/24/23
to steering, steering...@kubernetes.io
The election has concluded.

Congratulations to Christoph Blecker who will take over for Paris in serving as the project's CNCF Governing Board representative.

Big thank you to Paris for all her time spent serving the community and being the voice of the project at the CNCF Governing Board. :)

Thanks everyone!

- Bob on behalf of the Steering Committee