Ingress-nginx Path Type changes

James Strong

May 25, 2023, 7:38:57 PM5/25/23
to ingress-nginx-dev
For improving security on our 1.8.0 release will include a new, optional validation that limits the characters accepted on ".spec paths.path" when pathType=Exact or pathType=Prefix, to alphanumeric characters onl. More information can be found here.

Henning Bredel

Aug 18, 2023, 9:01:34 AM8/18/23
to ingress-nginx-dev, James Strong
hey James,

thanks for giving more background on this. Are you planning alternative settings rewrite config? The examples at https://kubernetes.github.io/ingress-nginx/examples/rewrite/ are still using pathType "prefix".

Best

  Henning

Jintao Zhang

Aug 18, 2023, 12:22:24 PM8/18/23
to Henning Bredel, James Strong, ingress-nginx-dev
Thanks! We should update the documentations.

Henning Bredel <hennin...@gmail.com>于2023年8月18日 周五下午9:01写道:
Best,
Jintao Zhang