Kubernetes 1.28 Sneak Peek

Grace Nguyen

May 11, 2023, 4:39:37 AM5/11/23
to d...@kubernetes.io, le...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, releas...@kubernetes.io

Hello Kubernetes community!

We hope you enjoyed Kubecon EU and the release of Kubernetes 1.27. Now it's already time to start the process for the second release of 2023: Kubernetes 1.28.

The release cycle will commence next week on Monday 15th May, and we’re targeting Tuesday August 15th for the final release cut. The major milestones for the 1.28 release[1] are the following:

  • Release Cycle begins: Monday, May 15th
  • Enhancements Freeze: Thursday, June 15th
  • Code Freeze: Tuesday, July 18th
  • Release Day: Tuesday, August 15th

My name is Grace Nguyen, and I’m the Release Lead for 1.28. Angelos Kolaitis, Heba Elayoty, Mickey Boxell and Mark Rosetti join me as Release Lead Shadows. We are happy to have Leonard Pahlke as our Emeritus Adviser. [2]

With us this release are amazing role leads:

  • Atharva Shinde as Enhancements Lead
  • Meha Bhalodiya as CI Signal Lead
  • Furkat Gofurov as Bug Triage Lead
  • Rishit Dagli as Docs Lead
  • Sanchita Mishra as Release Notes Lead
  • Brad McCoy as Communications Lead

Starting next week, we’ll send out some more detailed comms about the release. If you will be opting-in features for this release, we highly encourage you to begin work on the KEPs.

Please don't hesitate to ping us on # sig-release[3] if you have any comments, concerns, or questions.

Warmly,

Grace Nguyen, on behalf of the Kubernetes 1.28 Release Team [2]

[1]: sig-release/releases/release-1.28
[2]: sig-release/releases/release-1.28/release-team.md
[3]: sig-release