Contributor Summit NA Info & Call for Social Lead

Kaslin Fields

Jun 13, 2024, 5:31:12 PMJun 13
to dev, le...@kubernetes.io, summi...@kubernetes.io

Hello Kubernetes Community,

Kubernetes Contributor Summit NA (KCSNA) 2024 will be held on Monday, November 11th at KubeCon North America in Salt Lake City, UT, USA.

Org Membership Required

In order to attend the Contributor Summit, you must be a Kubernetes Org Member[1]. There is plenty of time between now and November 11th for you to work on getting your membership, so get started now!

Call for Social Event Leadership

Most leadership and shadow roles for the KCSNA 2024 have been filled, however we are still looking for a lead for the Social Event. In the evening after the Contributor Summit, the community traditionally hosts a social event with appetizers and fun activities so attendees can get together to socialize, relax, and have fun. Planning this event requires coordinating with the CNCF to secure a venue and activities. It also generally requires some onsite work to set up and manage the event. If party planning is fun for you, the community would appreciate your contribution in leading this event’s planning! You can find more info in the social event handbook on GitHub[2]. To volunteer as a lead or shadow, add a comment to the KCSNA24 issue[3]. Kubernetes org membership is required to lead the social event and to attend the Kubernetes Contributor Summit.

On Co-Located Events at KubeCon

The majority of CNCF-hosted co-located events at KubeCon will be held on Tuesday, November 12th (Day 0). A few co-located events will take place on Monday as well, but the overlap with the Contributor Summit should be less significant than it would be if the Contributor Summit was held on Tuesday.

On Salt Lake City

We are aware that the state of Utah has passed laws that may make attendance difficult for many valued members of our community. For more information on these laws and accommodations that the CNCF is making to help people attend, please see the Summit site[4].

- Kaslin Fields on behalf of the KCSNA24 Planning Team

[1]: https://github.com/kubernetes/community/blob/master/community-membership.md#member

[2]: https://github.com/kubernetes/community/blob/master/events/events-team/content/social-content.md

[3]: https://github.com/kubernetes/community/issues/7854

[4]: https://www.kubernetes.dev/events/2024/kcsna/location/