Kubernetes v1.22.11 and v1.23.8 delayed for tomorrow.

Adolfo Veytia

Jun 15, 2022, 2:45:31 PM6/15/22
to d...@kubernetes.io
Dear Kubernetes Community:

SIG-Windows caught a last-minute regression caused by backports made to the 1.22 and 1.23 branches while the Release Management team was cutting this month's patch releases. Luckily, the releases were still in a state that allowed us to stop the process and restart after merging the required necessary reverts[1][2].

The process restart on those branches will cause a delay for Kubernetes v1.22.11 and v1.23.8. We expect those to be cut tomorrow, June 16th, 2022.

We expect Kubernetes v1.24.2 and v1.21.14 to be released today, as scheduled.

Thank you for your patience and to SIG Windows for catching this regression.

Adolfo García Veytia
SIG Release