New: Meet the Kubernetes Contributor Community at KubeCon NA 2023

summit-team

Oct 30, 2023, 11:40:14 AM10/30/23
to summit-team, d...@kubernetes.io

Hi contributors!

We’re gearing up for KubeCon Chicago, and we would love to have you at Meet the Kubernetes Contributor Community!

Due to how difficult it’s been to be heard in the schedule for KubeCon itself, we’ve renamed SIG Meet & Greet to Meet the Kubernetes Contributor Community (MKCC).

If you are searching for a home in the Kubernetes project overall, this is your chance to meet nearly all of the SIGs and find out how to get started or get settled!

On the Thursday of KubeCon NA (November 9), we will host an informal information session for SIGs, WGs, committees, and any other standing teams. This event is open to anyone who has a pass to KubeCon NA, including new and experienced contributors wanting to find their place in the community or wanting to connect with another SIG for questions or discussion. Each SIG, WG, and committee in attendance will have a spot at a table (some tables will be shared) where guests can come for informal discussions to learn about contribution or work on cross-SIG issues. Session information can be found on the KubeCon schedule here[1].

Meet the Kubernetes Contributor Community will be from 12pm to 3:00pm in W470AB. You are welcome to grab food and eat at MKCC, and please feel free to tell others and bring friends!

If you have any questions, please send an email to summi...@kubernetes.io or reach out in the #contributor-summit[2] slack channel.

By the way, we have some special, limited edition swag for guests. Here’s a sneak peek[3]. When we run out, we run out, so try to get there early!

Excited to be with all of you in Chicago!

  • Contributor Summit planning team

[1]: https://sched.co/1T2qK

[2]: https://kubernetes.slack.com/messages/contributor-summit

[3]: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h2tZR0kUnsLIaJSd4H43RxU_gJwdnzKs/view?usp=drive_link