Re: dissolving wg-reliability

Bob Killen

May 19, 2023, 2:19:21 PM5/19/23
to Davanum Srinivas, dev, de...@redhat.com, kubernetes-sig-architecture
+dev

For visibility

On Wed, Apr 26, 2023 at 9:55 AM Davanum Srinivas <dav...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1 from me! thanks for the wg-reliability's work over the years.

On Wed, Apr 26, 2023 at 6:26 AM de...@redhat.com <de...@redhat.com> wrote:
For a few years, wg-reliability has tried to reason through how to incentivize greater focus on project reliability.  In parallel, the same people have been trying to improve felt reliability in the field via PRR.  Based on that experience, we think the impact of PRR is significantly greater than the impact of wg-reliability.  We recommend that sig-arch retire wg-reliability and instead focus effort on growing the pool of PRR approvers (an already ongoing effort).

David Eads
Wojciech Tyczynski

Josh Berkus

May 19, 2023, 2:35:53 PM5/19/23
to kille...@gmail.com, Davanum Srinivas, dev, de...@redhat.com, kubernetes-sig-architecture

>> For a few years, wg-reliability has tried to reason through
>> how to incentivize greater focus on project reliability.  In
>> parallel, the same people have been trying to improve felt
>> reliability in the field via PRR.  Based on that experience,
>> we think the impact of PRR is significantly greater than the
>> impact of wg-reliability.  We recommend that sig-arch retire
>> wg-reliability and instead focus effort on growing the pool of
>> PRR approvers (an already ongoing effort).
>> David Eads
>> Wojciech Tyczynski

I also want to laud the amount that the folks in wg-reliability have
done to inspire/lead/commit improvements to our test jobs. We're in a
very different place now than we were three years ago.

--
-- Josh Berkus
Kubernetes Community Architect