[Announce] Kubernetes Contributor Summit @ KubeCon EU 2022

Chris Short

Apr 5, 2022, 10:33:46 AM4/5/22
to d...@kubernetes.io, le...@kubernetes.io

Hey there all,

I'm happy to announce that we will be hosting a Kubernetes Contributor Summit Europe 2022[1] alongside KubeCon EU 2022[2] on Monday, May 16th, from 9 AM to 5 PM (all times local) at the Feria Valencia (Event Center, Level 3)[3]! A reception will follow the event at 6 PM. Registration is now open.

Even though there won't be a hybrid component to this Contributor Summit, we still think folks should still be able to get together, learn, collaborate and have fun.

  • In-person attendance limited to Kubernetes Org members and sponsored attendees - Like the New Contributor Workshop, with uncertain attendance and staffing, we made this decision to ensure we can put on an event to the best of our ability.

    • By Kubernetes Org member, we mean a member of ANY official Kubernetes Org, for example kubernetes[4] or kubernetes-sigs[5]

    • If you are an active contributor but not a member, please consider applying for org membership[6]! The barrier of entry is lower than you think :) If you have questions, please reach out to comm...@kubernetes.io.

  • This in-person event will follow KubeCon’s Health & Safety Guidelines[7] - Proof of vaccination is required, and will be handled separately as part of KubeCon registration. Other requirements are TBD but will follow the venue, municipality, and country guidelines at a minimum.

  • Content will primarily be unconference-focused -  If you have an idea for a talk, reach out to us at comm...@kubernetes.io or the #contributor-summit Kubernetes Slack channel. If your SIG or WG want a session, please reach out now to comm...@kubernetes.io. Our focus will be on enabling unconference sessions and providing a space for contributors to break off and hold focused discussions.

Check out the summit site at https://k8s.dev/summit to stay up to date on all things summit-related.

As a friendly reminder this is a community event. As such, the Code of Conduct[8] applies to all attendees of the summit and the reception.

We are looking forward to seeing all of you!

Chris Short, on behalf of the Contributor Summit EU planning team

[1]: https://k8s.dev/summit

[2]: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/kubecon-cloudnativecon-europe/

[3]: https://www.feriavalencia.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/PLANO-Y-CARAC.-AUDITORIOS-1A-y-3A.pdf

[4]: http://github.com/kubernetes/