[Feedback Requested] Changes to KubeCon Covid Measures

Paris

Jul 22, 2022, 2:02:07 PM7/22/22
to d...@kubernetes.io
The Governing Board (GB) will be discussing and voting on changes to the health and safety measures for KubeCon Detroit in the upcoming days. As your GB rep, I’d like to take a moment to collect feedback that you may have on the following changes:
- Accept negative Covid-19 test results as an alternative to proof of vaccination. (Detroit will not allow vaccination mandates for vendors)
- Remove the daily temperature checks onsite (previous events have found this to be not effective; will help with on-site logistics)

GB and the Ambassadors are meeting with CNCF + Events folks for an AMA today. Another update will be sent if new information comes forward.

Apologies for the short turn around ask, please email steering...@kubernetes.io, #steering-committee in slack, or DM me or any of the SC members with questions and/or feedback by next Tuesday, July 26th 4pm PT/11pm UTC.

I think these changes are reasonable provided the explanations and time provided to the community to make an informed decision on attendance.

Thanks,
Paris