SIG k8s-infra leadership changes

Tim Hockin

Oct 13, 2023, 1:45:06 PM10/13/23
to kubernetes-sig-k8s-infra, dev
As per https://github.com/kubernetes/community/blob/master/contributors/chairs-and-techleads/leadership-changes.md...

SIG K8s-infra is happy to announce the changing of the guard.

Aaron (@spiffxp) and myself (@thockin) will be handing the reins over
to Ben (@bentheelder), Arnaud (@ameukam), and Mahamed (@upodroid).
The reality is that they have been running the show for quite a while,
so this is just recognizing and formalizing the established truth.

Thanks to Aaron for all the years of service in this area, and
congrats to the new cohort!

Tim

Davanum Srinivas

Oct 13, 2023, 1:48:39 PM10/13/23
to Tim Hockin, kubernetes-sig-k8s-infra, dev
Thanks a ton Tim and Aaron for all your support/help/guidance over the years!

Congrats Mahamed, Ben, Arnaud.

Marko Mudrinić

Oct 13, 2023, 1:50:59 PM10/13/23
to Davanum Srinivas, Tim Hockin, dev, kubernetes-sig-k8s-infra
Thanks a lot Tim and Aaron for all your work on our infra!

Congrats Arnaud, Ben, and Mahamed!!

Antonio Ojea

Oct 13, 2023, 1:53:01 PM10/13/23
to Marko Mudrinić, Davanum Srinivas, Tim Hockin, dev, kubernetes-sig-k8s-infra
Thanks Tim and Aaron for the great work, and congrats Ben, Aaron and Mahamed

Carlos Tadeu Panato Jr

Oct 13, 2023, 2:10:16 PM10/13/23
to Antonio Ojea, Marko Mudrinić, Davanum Srinivas, Tim Hockin, dev, kubernetes-sig-k8s-infra

Stephen Augustus (augustus)

Oct 13, 2023, 2:10:40 PM10/13/23
to tho...@google.com, kubernetes-sig-k8s-infra, dev

Aaron and Tim—

Thanks for your hard work in this critical area of the project (really, just in general 😊)

Ben/Arnaud/Mahamed—

Thanks for continued improvements to community infra over the years and congrats on the new roles!

---

Stephen Augustus (he/him)

Head of Open Source

augu...@cisco.com

opensource.cisco.com

Open Source Program Office (OSPO) questions?

Check out our knowledge base or reach us at os...@cisco.com!

My working hours may not be your working hours.
Please do not feel obligated to reply outside of your normal work schedule.

Iftach Konshtok

Oct 13, 2023, 4:52:24 PM10/13/23
to Tim Hockin, kubernetes-sig-k8s-infra, dev

Thanks Tim and Aaron !!!
Congrats to Ben, Arnaud and Mahamed!!

> On Oct 13, 2023, at 13:44, 'Tim Hockin' via kubernetes-sig-k8s-infra <kubernetes-s...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> As per https://github.com/kubernetes/community/blob/master/contributors/chairs-and-techleads/leadership-changes.md...
>
> SIG K8s-infra is happy to announce the changing of the guard.
>
> Aaron (@spiffxp) and myself (@thockin) will be handing the reins over
> to Ben (@bentheelder), Arnaud (@ameukam), and Mahamed (@upodroid).
> The reality is that they have been running the show for quite a while,
> so this is just recognizing and formalizing the established truth.
>
> Thanks to Aaron for all the years of service in this area, and
> congrats to the new cohort!
>
> Tim

Christoph Blecker

Oct 13, 2023, 6:27:21 PM10/13/23
to Tim Hockin, kubernetes-sig-k8s-infra, dev
+1 and thank you all for your hard work!

Maciej Szulik

Oct 16, 2023, 6:30:25 AM10/16/23
to tho...@google.com, kubernetes-sig-k8s-infra, dev
Thank you both for keeping us running! And congrats to "new" folks
and may the infra will always be nice to y'all ;-)

Josh Berkus

Oct 16, 2023, 2:28:30 PM10/16/23
to tho...@google.com, kubernetes-sig-k8s-infra, dev

> Aaron (@spiffxp) and myself (@thockin) will be handing the reins over
> to Ben (@bentheelder), Arnaud (@ameukam), and Mahamed (@upodroid).
> The reality is that they have been running the show for quite a while,
> so this is just recognizing and formalizing the established truth.

Congratulations on your retirement from Infra! And welcome to the new
leadership.

--
-- Josh Berkus
Kubernetes Community Architect

Benjamin Elder

Oct 24, 2023, 3:26:15 PM10/24/23
to jbe...@redhat.com, tho...@google.com, kubernetes-sig-k8s-infra, dev
Thanks all! Following one week of consensus we'll begin implementing this starting with https://github.com/kubernetes/community/pull/7584.

Dawn Chen

Oct 24, 2023, 6:27:04 PM10/24/23
to benth...@google.com, jbe...@redhat.com, tho...@google.com, kubernetes-sig-k8s-infra, dev
Thanks Aaron and Tim for years of leadership and guidance to keep this running.

Thanks Ben, Arnaud and Mahamed for the hard work and support over the years, and congrats !