[URGENT] Kubernetes 1.24.0-rc.0 is delayed to Monday 11th April!

Nabarun Pal

Apr 4, 2022, 5:28:44 p.m.2022-04-04
to d...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-release, release-team

Hi Kubernetes folks!

As you might know, we were planning to cut our first Release Candidate for Kubernetes 1.24 (v1.24.0-rc.0) on Tuesday, 5th April 2022.

However, we recently came across a few release blockers. The only open release blocker is go1.18: [Tracker] go1.18 breaks CSR validation (fix pending in go1.18.1) and the fix is dependent on a change being available in a Go 1.18 patch release. The CL to fix the bug has landed on master and a cherry-pick to the Go 1.18 release branch is in progress. Go 1.18.1, which may have the patch, is scheduled to be released on 7th April.

Considering the above, we are delaying the Kubernetes v1.24.0-rc.0 release cut to Monday, 11th April.

Thanks to everyone who has been involved in expediting these release blockers!

Best,

Nabarun Pal

Kubernetes 1.24 Branch Manager // Release Manager

(on behalf of the Kubernetes 1.24 Release Team)