Kubernetes 1.31 Sneak Peek!

Angelos Kolaitis

May 10, 2024, 7:57:47 AMMay 10
to dev, le...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, relea...@kubernetes.io

Hello Kubernetes world!

My name is Angelos Kolaitis, and as the Release Lead, I am delighted to announce the beginning of the release cycle for Kubernetes 1.31, our second release for 2024 [0]!

The release cycle officially begins on Monday 13th May, and the release date is planned to be Tuesday 13th August. An overview of the important milestones, deadlines and dates for the 1.31 release [1] to be aware of can be seen below:

Start Of Release Cycle: Monday, 13 May 2024

Enhancements Freeze: Friday, 14 June 2024

Code Freeze: Wednesday, 10 July 2024

Test Freeze: Tuesday, 30 July 2024

Docs Freeze: Tuesday, 30 July 2024

Release Day: Tuesday, 13 August 2024

I am very glad to be joined by the experienced and formidable Frederico Muñoz, Sanchita Mishra, Drew Hagen and Mohammad Reza Saleh as my Release Lead Shadows. We also have an incredible group of subteam leads [2], namely:

- Sreeram Vankitesh, 1.31 Enhancements Lead

- Nina Polshakova, 1.31 Release Notes Lead

- Abigail McCarthy, 1.31 Communications Lead

- Vyom Yadav, 1.31 Release Signal Lead

- Oluebube Princess Egbuna, 1.31 Docs Lead

- Meha Bhalodiya, 1.31 Branch Manager

I am also super happy to be joined by Priyanka Saggu as the Emeritus Adviser, and glad to have the help of Kat Cosgrove and Grace Nguyen as the leads of the newly formed Release Team subproject of SIG Release.

One of the things we will be working to improve this cycle will be the APAC-friendly RT weekly meetings. Past members of the release team will remember that these are often low in attendance and interest. We would like to rejuvenate those, such that people in APAC timezones have more chances and opportunities to participate and engage with the release process. Expect to hear more news on this throughout the release cycle.

Keep an eye out for future comms about this release, and don't hesitate to reach out in the #sig-release[3] channel if you have questions!

Χαιρετε,

Angelos Kolaitis, on behalf of the Kubernetes 1.31 Release Team

[0]: https://kubernetes.io/blog/2021/07/20/new-kubernetes-release-cadence/

[1]: https://github.com/kubernetes/sig-release/tree/master/releases/release-1.31

[2]: https://github.com/kubernetes/sig-release/tree/master/releases/release-1.31/release-team.md

[3]: https://kubernetes.slack.com/archives/C2C40FMNF