Re: SIG Auth Leadership updates

Jordan Liggitt

Oct 19, 2023, 8:59:53 AM10/19/23
to Davanum Srinivas, d...@kubernetes.io, Mike Danese, kubernetes-sig-auth
Thanks so much, Mike. Your influence and expertise in this area has been greatly appreciated.

The other leads support Mo's nomination. He has years of experience with and contributions to the whole sig-auth stack, and has been driving / reviewing / supervising / coordinating new efforts at a technical level for the last few years as well.

+d...@kubernetes.io for visibility. If you have questions or concerns, you can reach out to any of the other sig-auth leads (deads2k, liggitt, ritazh) or to steering.

On Wed, Oct 18, 2023 at 9:01 PM Davanum Srinivas <dav...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Mike. Thanks for stepping up Mo!

On Wed, Oct 18, 2023 at 5:01 PM 'Mike Danese' via kubernetes-sig-auth <kubernete...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hello all,

As discussed in last week's meeting, I will be stepping down from my role as TL of SIG Auth. I will also be stepping down as Chair at some point in the near future. After a good long run, I'm thrilled with the progress we've made together and excited to focus on my next adventure.

I am recommending Mo Khan to succeed me. Mo has been a valuable member (and Chair) of the SIG Auth community for many years. He's already doing the job of TL, so I'm sure this recommendation comes as no surprise :). This change leaves David Eads, Jordan Liggitt, and Mo Khan as more than capable TLs.

We'll leave this open for a lazy consensus period of 1 week, then make it official! If you have any feedback, please reply here, or reach out directly to me, or any of the other leads.

Thanks,
Mike D.

Tim Hockin

Oct 19, 2023, 11:08:00 AM10/19/23
to Jordan Liggitt, Davanum Srinivas, dev, Mike Danese, kubernetes-sig-auth
Mike. You have played a formative role in the evolution of Kubernetes. Thank you for that.

Mo, congratulations and well-earned!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "dev" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/kubernetes.io/d/msgid/dev/CAMBP-pKWtSeTnOoavEv9RxmizXY3O5RVhwbBnP81QrHvf8WBxQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Greg Castle

Oct 19, 2023, 12:03:53 PM10/19/23
to Tim Hockin, Jordan Liggitt, Davanum Srinivas, dev, Mike Danese, kubernetes-sig-auth
Thanks Mike for many years of huge contributions to Kubernetes. Among many other things, all of us using identity federation for Kubernetes are relying on your work. Thanks Mo for taking up the reins.

Antonio Ojea

Oct 19, 2023, 12:24:10 PM10/19/23
to Greg Castle, Tim Hockin, Jordan Liggitt, Davanum Srinivas, dev, Mike Danese, kubernetes-sig-auth
Thanks for the great work Mike and congrats to Mo

Benjamin Elder

Oct 19, 2023, 1:11:11 PM10/19/23
to antonio.o...@gmail.com, Greg Castle, Tim Hockin, Jordan Liggitt, Davanum Srinivas, dev, Mike Danese, kubernetes-sig-auth

Maciej Szulik

Oct 20, 2023, 7:11:00 AM10/20/23
to dev, kubernetes-sig-auth
Thanks a ton Mike, and congrats Mo!

Mayank Kumar

Oct 21, 2023, 3:05:02 PM10/21/23
to Maciej Szulik, dev, kubernetes-sig-auth
Congratulations Mo and thanks Mike for all your contributions and leadership.

Jordan Liggitt

Oct 30, 2023, 1:14:35 PM10/30/23
to Mayank Kumar, Maciej Szulik, dev, kubernetes-sig-auth