Kubernetes 1.27 Sneak Peak

Xander Grzywinski

Jan 3, 2023, 11:31:04 AM1/3/23
to dev

Hello Kubernetes community!

We hope everyone had a refreshing holiday season! Now it's already time to start the process for the first Kubernetes release of 2023: Kubernetes 1.27[0].

The release cycle will start next week on Monday 9th January, and we’re targeting Tuesday 11th April for the final release cut (the week before KubeCon EU!). The major milestones for the 1.27 release[1] are the following:

  • Release Cycle begins: Monday, January 9th
  • Enhancements Freeze: Thursday, February 9th
  • Code Freeze: Tuesday, March 14th
  • Release Day: Tuesday, April 11th

My name is Xander Grzywinski, and I’m the Release Lead for 1.27, Heba Elayoty, Hossein Salahi, Priyanka Saggu, and Kat Cosgrove join me as Release Lead Shadows.

With us, we have some amazing role leads:

  • Mark Rossetti as Enhancements Lead
  • Laura Lorenz as CI Signal Lead
  • Angelos Kolaitis as Bug Triage Lead
  • Mickey Boxell as Docs Lead
  • Harsha Narayana as Release Notes Lead
  • Harshita Sao as Communications Lead

We are happy to have James Laverack as our Emeritus Adviser. [2]

Starting next week, we’ll send out some more detailed comms about the release.

Please don't hesitate to ping us on # sig-release[3] if you have any comments, concerns, or questions.

Thank you!

Xander Grzywinski,

On behalf of the Kubernetes 1.27 Release Team [2]

[0]: kubernetes-release-cadence
[1]: sig-release/releases/release-1.27
[2]: sig-release/releases/release-1.27/release-team.md
[3]: sig-release