Resigning as SIG Instrumentation Chair

Elana Hashman

Dec 11, 2023, 4:50:53 PM12/11/23
to 'han...@google.com' via kubernetes-sig-instrumentation, d...@kubernetes.io
Hi friends,

My apologies for the radio silence. I have been struggling with severe health issues over the past two years that have required long periods of medical leave from work and reduced hours.

I am simply unable to give SIG Instrumentation the time and attention it deserves, and so I am resigning as co-chair.

It's hard to believe it's been over 5 years since I joined the SIG in 2018. I especially want to thank Han Kang and David Ashpole, who have served as my steadfast co-leads since I stepped up into a chair role in the SIG; Frederic Branczyk, who helped me first get involved, walked me through coauthoring my first KEP, and served as co-chair and TL for many years; Marek Siarkowicz, who has done so much heavy lifting behind the scenes of the SIG, culminating in launching the structured logging WG; and Damien Grisonnet, our newest TL, who I regret not getting the opportunity to work with more. We have many long-time active members and many amazing newcomers, both in core Kubernetes instrumentation development and the subprojects we steward like kube-state-metrics, and I'm proud to have worked with you all and served one of the finest SIGs in the project.

Be well,

- e

Han Kang

Dec 12, 2023, 1:03:15 PM12/12/23
to dev, Elana Hashman, d...@kubernetes.io, 'han...@google.com' via kubernetes-sig-instrumentation
(cross posting to d...@kubernetes.io)

I want to wish you the best of luck with your health and express my appreciation for all you've done with the SIG over the years. We've come a long ways (and grown a bunch!) as a SIG over the past 5 years and in large part that's because of your contributions and leadership. We're really going to miss having you around...

Having talked a bit with Elana and Pranshu offline, I'd like to nominate Pranshu Srivastava (of Red Hat/@rexagod on github) to step in, in Elana's place. Pranshu has been an incredible contributor to our SIG, most notably for his contributions to kube-state-metrics, and I have complete faith in his ability to navigate SIG leadership to help us steady the ship.

- Han (@logicalhan)