[REMINDER] Kubernetes 1.24 Code Freeze is in 7 days

James Laverack

Mar 22, 2022, 9:01:36 PM3/22/22
to d...@kubernetes.io, le...@kubernetes.io, releas...@kubernetes.io

Hi Kube Community,

We’re fast approaching code freeze for Kubernetes v1.24 enhancements. Code freeze begins 7 days from this email at 01:00 UTC Wednesday 30th March 2022.

Note that this time is in UTC, and so code freeze is on Tuesday 29th March for contributors in Pacific Time. In various time zones:

  • 18:00 PDT Tuesday 29th March

  • 02:00 BST Wednesday 30th March

  • 03:00 CEST Wednesday 30th March.

  • 06:30 IST Wednesday 30th March

Convert code freeze to your local timezone with this link [0]

For enhancements targeting Kubernetes 1.24, please have any k/k pull requests approved and lgtm’ed by this time. Once code freeze comes into effect, the enhancements team will remove any enhancements from the release that did not make this deadline. After this point, enhancements will require an exception [1] to be admitted back into the release for 1.24.

Please make sure to link your k/k PRs to the k/enhancements issue to help the team correctly track your changes.

If you think you will miss the deadline, we encourage you to file exception requests [1] early. Even ahead of code freeze itself is fine.

Note that for enhancements that require updated or new documentation, the docs placeholder PR deadline is two days after code freeze on Thursday 31st March.

In general, we know this is a stressful time for contributors. If you have any questions or are unsure about anything at all, please reach out to us in Slack in the #sig-release [2] channel and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

James Laverack

Kubernetes 1.24 Release Team Lead

On behalf of the Release Team