Hello Kubernetes community!
As of today, 10th January 2022, the Kubernetes 1.24 release cycle has begun.
Contrary to the provisional dates in my previous email, we’ve moved enhancements back one week to give contributors and SIGs additional time at the start of the cycle. You can find out full schedule in our documentation , but the highlights are:
- Production Readiness Soft Freeze — week 3 — Thursday 27th January 2022
- Enhancements Freeze — week 4 — 02:00 UTC Friday 4th February 2022 ( 18:00 PST Thursday 3rd February 2022 )
- Code Freeze — week 12 — 01:00 UTC Wednesday 30th March 2022 ( 02:00 BST Wednesday 30th March 2022 / 18:00 PDT Tuesday 29th March 2022 )
- Test Freeze — week 13 — 01:00 UTC Wednesday 6th April 2022 ( 02:00 BST Wednesday 6th April 2022 / 18:00 PDT Tuesday 5th April 2022 )
- Docs Complete — week 14 — Tuesday 12th April 2022
- Kubernetes v1.24.0 released — week 15 — Tuesday 19th April 2022
Please note that the date of the deadline depends on your timezone, as most deadlines are at 18:00 PT which is either 01:00 or 02:00 UTC the next day.
Along with the community members I highlighted in my previous email, we’re now joined by 24 shadows. For many of them this is their first introduction to the Kubernetes community, and I’d like to welcome all of them to our team.
Feel free to ping us in the #sig-release Slack channel anytime  if you have any comments, concerns, or questions.
On behalf of the Kubernetes 1.24 Release Team