[ANNOUNCEMENT] Kubernetes 1.24 Stargazer Released

James Laverack

May 3, 2022, 7:16:11 PMMay 3
to d...@kubernetes.io, le...@kubernetes.io, release-team

Hi Kube Community,

Kubernetes 1.24 Stargazer has been released with v1.24.0 now available. More details can be found in the Kubenetes 1.24 blog post [0] and the release notes [1].

Packages for v1.24.0 are available via the GitHub Release page [2]. Debian and RPM packages are available through package managers. For details please see the email from the Branch Managers [3].

Additionally, code freeze for 1.24 has been lifted and both kubernetes/kubernetes and kubernetes/website are now thawed. Thank you for your patience during this extended freeze.

Thank you to the release team [4], SIG Release, and every contributor who made this release possible. This is the work of hundreds of people across our community, in a truly distributed team.

The Kubernetes 1.24 retrospective [5] will be held at 16:00 UTC on Wednesday 11th May, with an additional session the day after at 16:00 UTC on Thursday 12th May. We value input from the entire community, so we’d be happy for anyone who wishes to join us.

Thanks,

James Laverack

Kubernetes 1.24 Release Team Lead

On behalf of the Release Team