Kustomize maintainer training cohort application

Natasha Sarkar

Jun 12, 2023, 12:06:31 PM6/12/23
to kubernete...@googlegroups.com, d...@kubernetes.io
Hi everyone,

Kustomize is struggling in terms of maintenance. We only have a couple people spending a few hours each week, so it’s becoming difficult to adequately address incoming PRs and issues, and also make progress on long-term plans, especially as the current maintainers start to get increasing responsibility outside of kustomize.

As a result, we have decided to lead a maintainer training program with the hopes that we can accelerate the growth and learning of new contributors to help them reach maintainer status.
This program would require members to spend about 3-4 hours a week, and ideally have some prior kubernetes knowledge and experience with Go. There are a lot of areas we could use help with - docs, extensions, basic bugs/features etc. If you are interested in this program, please see the full requirements in the application form, and please consider applying: https://forms.gle/gHe89mtPT2aEzJra8

The due date for the application is Thursday, June 29 at 9am PT, and we will aim to start the program some time in July. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

Natasha

Natasha Sarkar

Jun 14, 2023, 11:56:41 AM6/14/23
to kubernete...@googlegroups.com, d...@kubernetes.io
Hi all!

Due to the overwhelming number of applications we've already received, we're going to change the application deadline to Tuesday June 20 at 9am PT

Thanks,
Natasha

Natasha Sarkar

Jun 27, 2023, 10:50:59 AM6/27/23
to kubernete...@googlegroups.com, d...@kubernetes.io
Thanks all for submitting your applications! I will be out on vacation for a couple of weeks, but we will try to finalize applicants when I come back in mid-July and reach out with more information then.

We really appreciate the interest and are excited to get this program started!

Thanks,
Natasha