PSA: Go Workspaces support in k/k has merged

Tim Hockin

Mar 1, 2024, 1:20:20 PMMar 1
to dev, Maciej Szulik
After more than a year and a half of effort (off and on), Go
Workspaces support for the Kubernetes repo has finally merged. All of
the crazy GOPATH crap is gone. No more run-in-gopath.sh.

I am 100% sure this will cause some pain to in-flight PRs and
downstream projects. If you are impacted, please let me know. I am
happy to help work through it.

Special thanks to my reviewers: Joe Betz, Antonio Ojea, Jordan Liggit,
Alex Zielenski and Maciej Szulik in particular. This was not a fun
one to review.

Tim

Maciej Szulik

Mar 6, 2024, 5:38:26 AMMar 6
to tho...@google.com, dev
Thanks a ton Tim for your hard work and dedication to deliver this one!

Antonio Ojea

Mar 6, 2024, 6:58:54 AMMar 6
to masz...@redhat.com, tho...@google.com, dev
Super important, complex and not glamorous work, but absolutely essential and we couldn't function without it ... you are a role model for the community

Thanks

Davanum Srinivas

Mar 6, 2024, 9:00:34 AMMar 6
to tho...@google.com, dev, Maciej Szulik
Thanks a lot Tim for your hands on leadership :)

Benjamin Elder

Mar 6, 2024, 11:54:59 AMMar 6
to dav...@gmail.com, tho...@google.com, dev, Maciej Szulik
Thank you so much for driving this multi-year PR and working with the Go project to drive the tooling changes we needed to land this!

If anyone is using gopls (e.g. vscode go plugin): update go and gopls to latest and things should work MUCH better now with workspaces.