December patch releases postponed to December 8, 2022

Marko Mudrinić

Dec 5, 2022, 5:33:05 AM12/5/22
to d...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-release

Dear Kubernetes Community,

We originally announced that we’re moving the December patch releases from December 14 to December 7[1].

The Golang team announced that they will be releasing security patch releases for Go 1.19 and Go 1.18 on Tuesday, December 6[2]. We want to include those Go security updates in the upcoming patch releases, therefore, we’ll delay the December patch releases for one day. The purpose of this delay is to give us enough time to incorporate those new Go patch releases, as well as, for test results to have enough time to soak in.

The new target date for the December patch releases is Thursday, December 8, 2022.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Release Managers on the #sig-release Slack channel[3].

Thank you for understanding!

Marko Mudrinić,

on behalf of Kubernetes SIG Release

[1]: https://groups.google.com/a/kubernetes.io/g/dev/c/GDkqm5JtiNg/m/_OHgqDgWBQAJ