SIG Release Meeting Updates

Jeremy Rickard

Jun 29, 2022, 5:43:16 PMJun 29
to kubernetes-sig-release, d...@kubernetes.io

Hey kubefolx,

SIG Release would like to make some changes to our existing meeting cadence and times in order to make meetings more effective and more accessible. We've discussed this at the last couple of meetings and we opened an issue to track https://github.com/kubernetes/sig-release/issues/1912

First, we’d like to combine the bi-weekly SIG Release and Release Engineering subproject meetings. We often have a need to discuss topics on off weeks and doing this will allow us greater flexibility to address topics as they occur. We'll combine our meeting notes and update the invites to reflect this.

Next, we’d like to stagger the times. One week, we will meet at a time that is more friendly to contributors in US time zones and the next week, we will meet at a time that is more friendly to contributors in APAC/Europe. We intend to keep the meetings on Tuesdays, but will alternate the times from week to week.

Please see the following Doodle polls and help us select new times:

APAC / EU Friendly Times: https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/e1jp5vVa

US Friendly Times:
https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/er0qKlKb

Finally, we will more strictly adhere to our existing agenda closed meeting reminder and cancel meetings on MONDAY if there is no agenda. We’ll explicitly add some backlog review topics to the agenda so we can do this occasionally.

We'll also work to identify some criteria to help us determine if this is successful or if we need to make any additional changes after executing this way for a little while. If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns please feel free to comment on the issue (https://github.com/kubernetes/sig-release/issues/1912), or reach out on the #sig-release channel on Slack.

Thanks!

Jeremy Rickard on behalf of SIG Release

Jeremy Rickard

Jul 21, 2022, 11:46:53 AMJul 21
to kubernetes-sig-release, d...@kubernetes.io
Hey kubefolx,

I'm following up on my previous email about SIG Release meeting updates!

We have now consolidated the meeting invites, so you may have seen some calendar traffic! We now need to determine if we will change the meeting times. The previous Doodle I sent out quickly passed the proposed dates and didn't end up being super effective at capturing input so we've converted that to a Google form!

Please fill the form out and give us input on your preferred meeting times: https://forms.gle/a1oYUZ3tzMUfVPK86

Thanks again!

Jeremy Rickard on behalf of SIG Release