[ANNOUNCE] #kubernetes-org-members slack channel

Bob Killen

Aug 28, 2023, 10:33:20 AM8/28/23
to dev, le...@kubernetes.io
Hey there all,

We've updated some of our core Kubernetes Slack channels:
  • #kubernetes-contributors is now #kubernetes-new-contributors and will serve as the landing spot for those wanting to get started with contributing to the project.
  • New channel #kubernetes-org-members has been created for those who are actively contributing to the project, namely, our org members and those well on their way.
#kubernetes-org-members will be our default channel for contributor-focused communication going forward, and we recommend anyone actively contributing to the project join. Please note that this channel is NOT for introductions and basic "how do I contribute" questions. Those should be posted in #kubernetes-new-contributors, the Slack moderators will monitor and remove those types of posts from #kubernetes-org-members.

For more context on this change, please see the discussion on the PR: Update Kubernetes core contributor slack channels.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out in the #sig-contribex channel.

Thanks!

- Bob