Cloud Native Security Slam - Delayed to Dec 15th

Adolfo Veytia

Dec 6, 2023, 3:36:38 PM12/6/23
to d...@kubernetes.io
Dear Kubernetes Community

In recent days I sent an announcement[1] about the Kubernetes Edition of the Cloud Native Security Slam[2]. The event has been delayed to Friday, December 15th to allow some extra time for projects to sign up.

We've received a good number of signups from contributors who want to start their Kubernetes journey and we are very excited to see the enthusiasm around it.

When designing the event mechanics, we tried to keep them as lightweight and nondisruptive to projects as possible. Maintainers need to commit only to a final review of PRs chosen from a set of predefined tasks. These tasks are geared towards improving the visibility and score of the project in CLOMonitor[3] and some focused security improvements prepared by SIG Release / Release Engineering.

The Security Slam is an opt-in process as we want to match contributors to projects in a guided manner, we want to avoid random, low-value drive-by PRs.

We would like to see more participation from the Kubernetes subprojects whenever possible! If you are interested, please reply to me in this email or find me in Slack (@puerco) and we can talk about the next steps. Also, the organizers will be reaching out directly to some of you to discuss signing up!

Sincerely

Adolfo García Veytia (@puerco)
on behalf of SIG Release and the Security Slam Team :)