Save the Date! Kubernetes Contributor Summit EU 2024: Paris Edition

Natali Vlatko

Jan 4, 2024, 6:21:19 AMJan 4
to d...@kubernetes.io, le...@kubernetes.io, summi...@kubernetes.io

Bonjour Kubernauts! 🥐 🇫🇷 🧀

I am thrilled to announce the Kubernetes Contributor Summit EU 2024, in Paris, which will coincide with KubeCon + CloudNativeCon EU 2024. As with past summits, this event will bring together new and seasoned Kubernetes contributors alike to connect, collaborate, and share face-to-face. The Paris event will be held all day on Tuesday the week of KubeCon + CloudNativeCon (March 19, 2024). The event location is still to be determined, but it will be close to the main conference venue.

TL;DR

  • KCSEU 2024 website [1] now LIVE

  • CFPs [2] are OPEN!

We hope to open registration for the Summit soon; please consider this notice as your Save The Date notification. In-person attendance is limited to Kubernetes Org members and sponsored attendees.

  • By “Kubernetes Org member,” we mean a member of ANY official Kubernetes Org, for example, kubernetes [3] or kubernetes-sigs [4]

  • If you are an active contributor but not yet a member, please consider applying for org membership [5]! We’re always looking for more active contributors across the entirety of the project. If you have questions, please reach out to comm...@kubernetes.io

  • The etcd project is now officially recognized as a Kubernetes SIG, thus, its contributors are also welcome to join the Summit! [6]

We are opening up the Call for Proposals (CFPs) early for all interested parties. We encourage submissions relevant and thought-provoking for members of our Kubernetes organizations. Particularly, if you're introducing changes from v1.29 or have plans to do so in v1.30 that impact multiple SIGs, or have a subject beneficial for the broader community, we'd love to hear from you.

CFP Dates:

  • CFP Opens: Thursday, January 4th, 2024

  • CFP Closes: Sunday, February 4th, 2024

  • CFP Notifications: Sunday, February 18th, 2024

  • Schedule Announced: Sunday, February 25th, 2024

Visit the Call for Proposals form [2] to submit your CFP. The Summit will also include space for Unconference-style [8] sessions, which allows contributors to hold discussions around topics that become important in the month before the Summit. Note that the schedule is subject to change.

Please keep in mind that being accepted as a speaker for the Summit does not grant you a ticket for KubeCon + CloudNativeCon or the Co-Located Events, nor does it grant you a Speaker Badge. You must have a ticket for the main conference in order to attend the Summit.

Check out the Kubernetes Contributor Summit [1] website for additional information and FAQs. This in-person event will follow KubeCon’s Health & Safety Guidelines [7]. As a friendly reminder, this is a community event, which means the Kubernetes Code of Conduct [9] applies to all attendees of the Summit and the social gathering afterwards.

More questions? Reach out to summi...@kubernetes.io or visit the #contributor-summit channel on Kubernetes Slack.

Au revoir! 🥖 🇫🇷 🐌

– Natali Vlatko, on behalf of the Kubernetes Contributor Summit Planning Team

[1]: k8s.dev/summit

[2]: https://forms.gle/mkJ7Q18LoQwRV1LPA

[3]: http://github.com/kubernetes/

[4]: https://github.com/kubernetes-sigs/