[ANNOUNCEMENT] v1.30 Enhancements Freeze in Effect / Upcoming Key Dates

Mohammad Reza Saleh Sedghpour

Feb 8, 2024, 10:01:11 PMFeb 8
to dev

Hi, Kubernetes community!

Enhancements Freeze just began 02:00 UTC Friday 9th February 2024

Enhancements stats for v1.30:

▶️Enhancements opted-in for v1.30: 84

▶️Enhancements tracked for v1.30: 56

⏹️Enhancements removed from milestone after freeze: 28

Any KEPs that wish to join the v1.30 release must now have an approved Exception. Once approved, Enhancements will be entered into the tracking sheet by the Enhancements team. If you plan to submit an Exception request, please submit it as soon as possible.

For those with accepted Enhancements, please continue linking all k/k and k/website PRs to your k/enhancements tracking issue.

📣 Important FYI 📣

Each release, we choose a handful of high impact features to be ✨ major themes ✨. You can nominate an enhancement to be a major theme by adding a comment to the v1.30 Discussions on Github with links and a description of the feature. We kindly request that all SIG Leads and Technical Chairs participate in this collection!

Upcoming Key Dates:

If you have any questions, please reach out to the Enhancement team at #enhancements or Release Team at #sig-release

Thank you! Mohammad Reza Saleh Sedghpour

v1.30 Enhancements Lead