Contributor Summit NA 2024: CFP is now open!

Arvind Parekh

Jun 18, 2024, 2:54:12 PMJun 18
to d...@kubernetes.io, le...@kubernetes.io, summi...@kubernetes.io

Hello, Kubernauts! ⛰️

We’re excited to announce that the Call for Proposals (CFPs) for Kubernetes Contributor Summit (KCSNA) 2024 is now open! The event will take place in Salt Lake City, Utah on November 11th, 2024. 🌟

The North America summit will be a full contributor summit event alongside KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America, at the Salt Palace Convention Center [1]. This year’s summit will feature a healthy mix of submitted talks, several hours of unconference sessions, and SIG and WG meetings. Following the summit, there will be a Contributor Social with games and refreshments!

The contributor summit is an event by the contributors, for the contributors. If you possess insights, fresh ideas, or topics you think would be of interest to the members of the Kubernetes organization, apply! We’d love to hear from you! We encourage all interested parties to submit proposals that are relevant and thought-provoking for our community. 📋✨

We are committed to ensuring an inclusive and accessible event for all participants. If you have a disability or any specific needs that require accommodations, please let us know in the form or email eve...@cncf.io [2] specifying your needs.

Please fill out the Call For Proposals form [3] to submit your CFP.

Important Dates for CFP:

  • CFP Opens: Tuesday, June 18th, 2024

  • CFP Closes: Sunday, September 15th, 2024

  • CFP Notifications: Sunday, September 29th, 2024

  • Schedule Announced: Monday, October 14th, 2024

Please note: Acceptance of a CFP for the Kubernetes Contributor Summit does not grant a ticket to KubeCon, or a speaker's badge. You will need to purchase a ticket to KubeCon to attend the Contributor Summit.

In-person attendance is limited to Kubernetes Org Members and sponsored attendees. If you’re an active contributor, but not yet a member, please consider applying for Org membership [4]. We’re always looking for new contributors!

Also note, there will be no virtual live attendance option for the event. Some of the sessions will be recorded and published on YouTube post the event.

For additional information and FAQs, check out the Kubernetes Contributor Summit website [5]. This in-person event will adhere to KubeCon’s Health & Safety Guidelines [6]. As a reminder, this is a community event, and the Kubernetes Code of Conduct [7] applies to all attendees of the Summit and the social gathering afterward.

For any questions, feel free to reach out to us at summi...@kubernetes.io [8] or visit the #contributor-summit channel [9] on Kubernetes Slack.

We look forward to your submissions and seeing you in Salt Lake City! 🌟

- Arvind Parekh, on behalf of the KCSNA24 Planning Team 🏈

[1] - https://events.linuxfoundation.org/kubecon-cloudnativecon-north-america/venue-travel/#venue-information

[2] - eve...@cncf.io

[3] - https://forms.gle/5RJBiKtuYsBDYAsVA

[4] - https://github.com/kubernetes/community/blob/master/community-membership.md#member