Casey Davenport - SIG network chair succession

Casey Davenport

Feb 14, 2023, 10:26:55 PM2/14/23
to kubernetes-sig-network, d...@kubernetes.io
Hello all,

I'd like to formally announce my decision to step down as a SIG network chair. It's been a long journey and I think it's time to recognize someone else! This email signifies the beginning of the one week lazy consensus period as outlined in the leadership changes procedure, meaning that if there are no objections, the following will come into effect on Wednesday February 22nd, 2023.

I've already discussed this with Tim and Dan as well as at the SIG network meeting on December 8th 2022.

For my replacement, I'd like to nominate Shane Utt. Shane has been involved in Kubernetes and SIG network for several years and is currently a committed maintainer for the Gateway API SIG subproject. Please reach out to me directly via email (ca...@tigera.io) or on the Kubernetes Slack (@caseydavenport) and I will be happy to answer any questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Casey

Carlos Tadeu Panato Jr

Feb 15, 2023, 1:26:40 AM2/15/23
to Casey Davenport, d...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-network
Thabks so much Casey for all the contributions!

+1 for Shane

Antonio Ojea

Feb 15, 2023, 5:08:57 PM2/15/23
to cta...@gmail.com, Casey Davenport, d...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-network
Casey, you've done great during all these years, thanks for all your hard work

+1 for Shane

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "dev" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/kubernetes.io/d/msgid/dev/CAOxYG4wKRcUek9nO5aAig_9nJnMuExpt3GX%3DBc-v8G8cY_pRHg%40mail.gmail.com.

Bowei Du

Feb 15, 2023, 5:28:51 PM2/15/23
to Antonio Ojea, cta...@gmail.com, Casey Davenport, d...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-network
Thanks for the work over the years Casey!
+1 for Shane

Bowei

Tim Hockin

Feb 15, 2023, 5:40:58 PM2/15/23
to Bowei Du, Antonio Ojea, cta...@gmail.com, Casey Davenport, d...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-network
Casey, You've been a pillar of the SIG for as long as I can remember. Thanks.

Good luck Shane! :)
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kubernetes-sig-network/CAGv8vBoJaKm54xXTCCYRNtheCcMVPEQgW443Jmv2KGeGWA8%3D4Q%40mail.gmail.com.

Xunzhuo

Feb 15, 2023, 9:40:25 PM2/15/23
to tho...@google.com, Bowei Du, Antonio Ojea, cta...@gmail.com, Casey Davenport, d...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-network
Hi Casey,

Thanks for your great contribution for a long time! And congrats to Shane Utt meanwhile!

I have worked with Shane in Gateway API Project, he is definitely qualified for it! Good luck Shane!

'Tim Hockin' via dev <d...@kubernetes.io> 于2023年2月16日周四 06:40写道:

--

Kind regards,

Xunzhuo Liu

Xunzhuo Liu
cloud native engineer, Tencent
www.github.com/Xunzhuo

Shane Utt

Feb 22, 2023, 10:56:11 AM2/22/23
to mixd...@gmail.com, tho...@google.com, Bowei Du, Antonio Ojea, cta...@gmail.com, Casey Davenport, d...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-network
Thank you Casey for all your hard work in the community over the years! Your contributions have had a deep impact in making Kubernetes the success that it is today.

I'm honored and excited about this new role and I'm looking forward to doing my part to facilitate the continued growth of our community!

Sincerely,

Shane Utt

Casey Davenport

Feb 22, 2023, 4:17:58 PM2/22/23