Kubernetes 1.24 Sneak Peek

James Laverack

Jan 3, 2022, 1:01:22 PM1/3/22
to d...@kubernetes.io, le...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, sig-rele...@kubernetes.io, releas...@kubernetes.io

Hello Kubernetes community!

I hope everyone has had a happy holiday season, and welcome back to the Kubernetes community for those that have had time off over the end of the year.

It is almost time to start the process for the first release of 2022: Kubernetes 1.24 [0].

The release will begin next week on Monday 10th January, and we’re targeting Tuesday 19th April for the release. Other milestones are still to be confirmed, but in the current draft [1] we have Enhancements Freeze on Thursday 27th January 2022 and Code Freeze on Tuesday 29th March 2022.

My name is James Laverack and I’m the Release Lead for 1.24. I’m joined by Jesse Butler, Xander Grzywinski, Cici Huang, and Max Körbächer as Release Lead Shadows.

With us, we have some amazing role leads:

- Grace Nguyen as Enhancements Lead

- Leonard Vincent Simon Pahlke as CI Signal Lead

- Jyoti Mahapatra as Bug Triage Lead

- Nate Waddington as Docs Lead

- Lucas Dwyer as Release Notes Lead

- Mickey Boxell as Communications Lead

We joined by Nabarun Pal as our branch manager, and Joseph Sandoval as our Emeritus Adviser. [2]

Next week we’ll send out some more detailed comms about the release. In the meantime feel free to ping us in the #sig-release Slack channel [3] if you have any comments, concerns, or questions.

Thank you!

James Laverack,

On behalf of the Kubernetes 1.24 Release Team [2]

[0]:https://kubernetes.io/blog/2021/07/20/new-kubernetes-release-cadence/

[1]:https://github.com/kubernetes/sig-release/pull/1798

[2]:https://github.com/kubernetes/sig-release/blob/master/releases/release-1.24/release-team.md

[3]:https://kubernetes.slack.com/archives/C2C40FMNF