[NOTICE] Proposed charter changes for elections, vacancies, and removal of Steering Committee members

Stephen Augustus

Jun 29, 2022, 10:10:11 PM6/29/22
to steering, dev
Kubernetes Community,

Please be advised that there is a proposed change to the Steering Committee’s charter.
This proposed change would create two new sections dealing with Elections, Vacancies, and Removal of members of the committee.

https://github.com/kubernetes/steering/pull/248

This is a notification of said proposed change, per our procedures[1].

If you have questions or comments, you can either leave them on the PR itself, or you can privately email steering...@kubernetes.io

Signed,
Stephen Augustus

[1] https://git.k8s.io/steering/operations/changes.md

Kris Nóva

Jun 29, 2022, 10:39:51 PM6/29/22
to k...@auggie.dev, steering, dev
+1

Sent from my iPhone

Marky Jackson

Jun 29, 2022, 11:09:04 PM6/29/22
to dev, k...@auggie.dev, dev, steering
+1

Nikolaos Moraitis

Jun 30, 2022, 5:28:44 AM6/30/22
to Marky Jackson, dev, k...@auggie.dev, steering
+1

Marky Jackson

Jun 30, 2022, 6:26:44 AM6/30/22
to Kris Nóva, k...@auggie.dev, steering, dev
+1

{
    "regards" : {
         "name" : “marky”,
         "phone" : "+1 (442) 515 0411”,
         "email" : “maja...@equinix.com",
         "team" : “equinix metal“,
 “role” : “provisioning manager"
     }
 }

On Jun 29, 2022, at 7:49 PM, Kris Nóva <kr...@nivenly.com> wrote:

 +1
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "steering" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/kubernetes.io/d/msgid/steering/DA62CE6F-7637-4821-9C2D-025C2330393B%40nivenly.com.

Stephen Augustus

Jul 18, 2022, 3:38:24 PM7/18/22
to steering, dev
Kubernetes Community,

Thanks for the useful feedback regarding these proposed changes!
As this charter update is close to a ready state (one outstanding review conversation), we'd like to allow a final opportunity for the community to provide feedback ahead of Steering review.

Timeline (all times are EOD US Eastern):
  • Wednesday, July 20th: closed for community feedback
  • Friday, July 22nd: Steering members review/provide feedback
As mentioned on the pull request, the four-week timeout period for changes concludes on Wednesday, July 27th.
Steering members will plan to vote on inclusion of the proposed changes to the charter soon thereafter.

-- Stephen