Best place these days to archive old K8s Google docs for the community?

Michael Taufen

May 5, 2022, 8:51:35 PM5/5/22
to d...@kubernetes.io
Hi folks,

Where is the best place to archive an old K8s related Google doc so it's readable to anyone who wants to? I've gotten a steady trickle of requests for the Versioned Component Configuration Files doc over the years (which I just grant, it's not that many), even though everyone in d...@kubernetes.io should be able to see it. One of the recent requests mentioned it's linked from the Kubebuilder book (found one ref here). I feel we should really have it in markdown on GitHub somewhere so anyone can read it without joining the list or sending me an email - where's the best place for that these days?

Best,

Mike

Shannon Kularathna

May 5, 2022, 9:15:58 PM5/5/22
to Michael Taufen, d...@kubernetes.io
Do we have a docs archive repo of some sort? Like we have for KEPs? (Or a folder in a different repo)

Paris

May 6, 2022, 8:04:09 PM5/6/22
to ax3shannon...@gmail.com, Michael Taufen, d...@kubernetes.io

Irvi Aini

May 6, 2022, 10:33:10 PM5/6/22
to paris....@gmail.com, Michael Taufen, ax3shannon...@gmail.com, d...@kubernetes.io
I wonder if resting old documents inside of its respective SIG will be more helpful for searching it later. However it may not be the best case if the owner is multiple SIGs.

--
Irvi A

Michael Taufen

Jul 22, 2022, 7:21:58 PM7/22/22
to Irvi Aini, paris....@gmail.com, ax3shannon...@gmail.com, d...@kubernetes.io
Finally back around to this. I auto-generated the markdown and did a small amount of cleanup, PR available here: https://github.com/kubernetes/community/pull/6758

If anyone has a good tool for exporting all the comment threads from a Google Doc, it would be great to include those in the archive as well.
--
NO TO WAR. go/give-ukraine

Michael Taufen
Google SWE